Ford Forums banner

EL Fairmont Grille

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  ELGhiaV8 
#1 ·
Hi all,

I was considering possibly modifying the grille of my EL Fairmont
Ghia to have some of that chrome mesh looking stuff in the
middle of it behind the piece of plastic that holds the most excellent blue oval.

I saw some fine Ford vehicles at the Tickford owners club of Adelaide at the Clipsal 500, my hat off to any of you guys and gals who might be reading. I saw a great ED with this chrome mesh in the grille. Has anyone done this to their EL at all, and if not, does anyone know if I can remove the plastic slats from the interior part of it or is it all one piece and I am dreaming ?

Cheers
ELGhiaV8

#3 ·
Can the middle bit of the grill be removed on the EL Fairmonts ??

Reason that I am asking is the Tickford Fairlane grill is about $450
(That is just the grill insert,)

I was always under the impression that the grills on the EL were one peice.

Another thing you can try is getting an EF2 Ghia Grill, and sandblasting that back to remove the Black paint. (This is what I did).

That grill is $82.50 from Ozeparts.
If the EL grill is one peice, then you could try getting the EF Grill surround, paint it, and then use either the EF Grill, or the Tickford Fairlane grill. (starts to get a bit expensive though)

The EF Grill surround (frame) is $148.50 (Unpainted)

As an idea of what you can do

NF Fairlane grill $99.00 Ozeparts (Yueck)

EL Fairmont Grill $253.00

#4 ·
Hey ! Have you thought about changing the side fender amber indicator lights, to the EF/EL Fairlane clear ones ?????

Very cheap mod (For you anyway because of the EL Fairmont, with the EF, Ive got to get a new surrounds, and get that painted, then fit it etc etc)..

The clear side indicators cost $21.82 each from Ford
Part number is NF-13K309A

By the way, the website address for Ozeparts is www.ozeparts.com.au

Cheers
Matt

#5 ·
ELGhiaV8 said:
I was considering possibly modifying the grille of my EL Fairmont
Ghia to have some of that chrome mesh looking stuff in the
middle of it behind the piece of plastic that holds the most excellent blue oval.

ELGhiaV8 [/B]
I dont know exactly but ive seen 1 EL Ghia with the center of it out and replaced by mesh and the the blue oval glued back on.
I looks like a good idea that ive offen thought about seen it is right near the cold air intake

#6 ·
Cheers Everyone!

Hey,

Thanks to all who replied. I have now got plenty of ideas to work with. If I can get the middle out I will take some pictures and post em up. I must say a big Cheers to Matt for all of the advice he has given me! BTW I have not yet put on the clear side indicator lights but will eventually. I want to get the K&N next then I will put it on the dyno and see how we perform.

Cheers
ELGhiaV8

#7 ·
I reckon the mesh idea is good, I saw it on a silver EL Fairmont Ghia at the easter nats and it looks mad, also nice to see people that drive fairmont ghia's instead of XR's (there too common), you dont see alot of done up Fairmont's / Ghia's !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.