Ford Forums banner

EL front on EF

4K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  jenna wells 
#1 ·
I have an EF XR6 and would like to change the headlight surrounds to the EL XR. I assume that it is just a matter of unbolting EF and bolt on EL. Does anyone know if the bumper is the same? Or will I need a new bumper as well. Looking at pictures the bumper appears to be the same but it is hard to tell. Does anyone know how much a bumper / headlight surround is worth? My current bumper / headlight surround needs re painting (stone chips) so rather that paint the current one if I could pick up good second hand parts I will get them painted.

#2 ·
G'day Matt,

Being from Adelaide, have you seen the XR6 Wagon taxi getting around. (I had a good laugh when I pulled up alongside him a while ago - It's identical to mine) He has an EL XR front instead of the EF - looks great. I must admit if anything happened to the front of mine I'd be tempted to put the EL on.

If you're looking for one get the yellow pages and look up "just bumpers and panels" He's in Wingfield. Last time I was there he had several EF and EL fronts. Some were quite reasonable condition.

Cheers
Paul B
XR6WGN - not the taxi

#6 ·
Matt said:
I have an EF XR6 and would like to change the headlight surrounds to the EL XR. I assume that it is just a matter of unbolting EF and bolt on EL. Does anyone know if the bumper is the same? Or will I need a new bumper as well. Looking at pictures the bumper appears to be the same but it is hard to tell. Does anyone know how much a bumper / headlight surround is worth? My current bumper / headlight surround needs re painting (stone chips) so rather that paint the current one if I could pick up good second hand parts I will get them painted.
after reading another thread in the pub i believe you will have to remove your tickford badges if you proceed. :bs6: :running: :rocket:

#7 ·
Thanks everyone for the info.

The VP of the NSW ticky club has an EF with an EL front end
Kelli if you are refering to Tims EF in the members car section, thats the picture that made me want to do it.

There is nothing wroung with the EF XR front end!!!
Nothing wrong at all just personal taste, I think the EL looks better.

after reading another thread in the pub i believe you will have to remove your tickford badges if you proceed
Does that mean that every one who has modified their Tickford eg exhaust, wheels, suspension, engine etc etc, has to remove the Tickford badge as well. Wonder how many "Tickfords" will be left. :s5 :s5 :s5

#8 ·
krusic said:
There is nothing wroung with the EF XR front end!!!

Stephen
Yeah gotta agree, i'd leave the EF front. IF i owned an EF i'd leave the front as is, just my opinion. A car is characterised by it's front. Even my car i'd never change the front to an XR.
Personally i like the EL XR front better than EF but i don't like changing the front to anotehr model.

But as i said it's my personal opinion and i have no grundge about anyone doing the swap on their own car. Do whats best according to yourself.

#11 ·
Hey guys, does an EL fairmont bonnet and bumper bolt up to an EL futura, or do i need to get different headlights???

my car is currently smashed, and is borderline written off. if i can save it by paying a bit more for the front end to look better, would be awesome.
Thanx

#12 ·
Matt said:
Hi this is jenna9445, im very intrested in the EF xr6 front bar :priest: im in adelaide too and i was wondering how much you want for it??????
And what colour the EF xr bar is??????????? I really want it :hy:
please reply love jenna wells..........

#13 ·
Matt said:
How are you? This is Jenna wells, I'm just wondering if you buy a EL XR front bumper can i buy your's????????? love jenna

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.