EL MANIFOLD on TO A EB HELP. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2002, 08:03   #1 (permalink)
I Love Forced Induction.

EL MANIFOLD on TO A EB HELP.

Does anybody have a wiring diagram, or can explain how to run the variable intake runner system, when connected onto a eb engine.
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2002, 16:58   #2 (permalink)
Australian Ford Member

The EF-AU intake uses mainfold vacuum to change runner length of the intake at (I think) 3200 rpm. Under that revs, the runners are long to use the inertia of the air to pack more into the cylinders. The vacuum is controlled by the EEC but I don't exactly know how... some sort of solenoid I guess.
IIV8II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 02:17   #3 (permalink)
Jim Mock Motorsport

THE Actuator on the manifold is vacume operated....

thus a vacume switch is needed.....usually found in EF's behind the windscreen washer bottle...SEE WRECKER......

it is switched by the computer @ 3500 rpm

so U need an RPM activated switch.....

U can use one from MSD........or a UNICHIP computer can do it if you want to fit one.......
Grunt51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2002, 06:16   #4 (permalink)
I Love Forced Induction.

I got a unichip, on my eb so you guys down at jim mock would be able to connect it up for me.
Old 06-13-2002, 07:03   #5 (permalink)
I Love Forced Induction.

So would I have to source a vacum solenoid from the wreckers or ford, I know what they are, I used to work at city ford and had to move them alot, when i worked on the cars. By the way how much would you charge to wire this up.
Old 06-13-2002, 21:02   #6 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

The way that original vac switch operates is a bit odd too (IMO) - ie. it actually needs to be energised for vac to be supplied to the manifold actuator (ie. for long path) and to cut the vac supply and vent the vacuum from the actuator so it can move to short path, the valve is de-energised.

That all seems odd to me because I'd have thought it more sensible to make it powered on for the short path - that way it'd be off the vast majority of the time.

I've found tho - by hooking my valve up to a variable power supply and setting the supply to 12v - that it draws very little current and doesn't get hot. Still seems an odd way that Ford have chosen to do it.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech