EL Side protection strips - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2003, 20:11   #1 (permalink)
.au member

EL Side protection strips

Has anybody fitted these to an EF? I'm a little tired of the black ones on the doors, and they're starting to come apart in the layers - not from the door but the 2 black pieces are beginning to separate.

Whats the correct method of removing these, and also, does anybody have a rough estimate of how much EL ones will be from Ford? I'll check it out tomorrow, but if anyone already knows it saves me a trip. I was thinking around $300?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2003, 21:19   #2 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Re: EL Side protection strips

The doors are around $40 each strip, and I think the front / rears are around $60 - $70 each. So $300 is about right.

I removed mine using a combination of warm / hot water, a plastic spatula and just fingers. Be careful not to scratch your paint though ( which is why i went with a plastic spatula ).

They should be held on with black double sided tape like stuff - pretty sticky. I used the hot water to soften it a bit before getting it off. You'll probably need to do some clean up with metho or turps (I can never remember which one is easiest on your paint) to get the last of the sticky nard off . . .
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2003, 21:21   #3 (permalink)

Oh, there was a thread around FF about this somewhere (maybe in exterior tech).
Old 11-16-2003, 23:15   #4 (permalink)
.au member

thanks Lamah,

i have a Futura so my front and rear ones are body coloured already, dont need to replace em. Those prices - thats for EL ones right?
Old 11-17-2003, 12:21   #5 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

i think they should set you back around the 300 mark and what i used to get rid of the mouldings on my ea was a heat gun and it just came of with no problem

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 20:00   #6 (permalink)

Yeah, they were for EL ones. I picked up a new one today, rear drivers side door, $40.60 . I'm not 100% sure how well I did on these, so you might be able to do better . . .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech