Ford Forums banner

EL Wagon

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  damage181 
#1 ·
Ok My Mum has a EL Wagon and everytime she tries and locks the car the lockes keep going up and down up and down and never lock, and sometimes we've gone out shopping and we've locked, while waiting for it to lock, After we've finished doing whatever we come back and the Car is unlocked, now we asked centre ford what was going on and he said its just the heat and that bull crap. Cos it happens all the time Hot or Cold.

#3 ·
Mine did that too once coz the snipper button was getting stuck in the trim. Mine is a non-smartlock central lock system tho, but in yer case it could be the lock switch in the actuator that could be playing up, telling the system that its unlocked when its locked. All locks must report the same L/U status otherwise it upsets the system and it tries locking and unlocking again, etc

Brent

#4 ·
Its not just the Remote but the Button inside, as well. And the Horn beeps too but only twice. I dont know much about the Mech's of a car sorry

#5 ·
If the horn beeps it is most likely the smart lock system thinks a door is still ajar, but if there is no horn beeping etc and the locks go up and down many times it is a fault with the actuators.
Take it to a Ford dealer and speak to them, if that dealer seems to be pissing in your pocket go to another.
The actuators are a well know fault with EF/EL's and Ford had many tries at fixing their **** up, they had many actuator revisions and changes in how the mangle behind the door trim to make slots for adjustment of the door actuators.
I haven't been doing them for over three years so maybe there is a sure fix from Ford be now.
As for the heat, they do have more a problem in the heat.

I can tell u one easy thing to test is, with a set of multigrips and a thick rag, pull out the door lock button out of the door, push the lock rod back down with the window down or u in the car with the doors closed, push the white plastic back inside the button as it would have popped half out when pulled off, now just push it back onto the lock rod.
This is done so that when the button is pushed down the button isn't sitting on the bottom, if it sits on the bottom and doesn't pop up straight away, it can when the temp rises and the plastic expands, making the lock come up and maybe cycle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.