Ok Guys, I desperately need some recommendations for future mods for the ole XR8 . . .
( a mate's just gone and bought a ba xr6 turbo, and being outpowered is *NOT* an option !
Soooooo . . . I'm figuring forced induction is the way to go, and am looking at a capa vortech 10 psi kit . . . .
Currently I'm thinking: roller rockers, cam, headers + zorst, and some gt-p's ( is an EL1 (and auto ), so has the bodgy heads ) . . .
So i guess the questions are:
1. Recommended upgrades before the kit ( are my plans ok ) ?
2. Will extractors for the old heads be compatible with the newer gt-p's ( ala el2 / au's ) ( I *think* they are, but not sure ) ?
3. Should I be looking at any different styles of extractors from normal aftermarket XR8 ones, given the plans of supercharging ( i.e. do i go bigger ? and will this cause problems fitting them *before* i charge it ? )
4. Continuing the exhaust q's, should I be going much/any larger diameter piping ( again cause of charger )
5. Is chipping a requirement for charging ? I would rather not chip if i can avoid it . . . .
Anyways, I'm open to suggestions, but would like to keep the costs down if possible ( i.e. would rather not do maf's etc unless its fairly important . . . figure i can always add on xtra bits later to try to squeeze more power if i'm feelin greedy ).
I guess finally . . can ppl recommend any good mechanics & zorst shops in the sydney area ?
Cheers ( sorry for using a years supply of questions in one post !)