Ford Forums banner

EL2 Fairmont Ghia

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  VilkasMaximus 
#1 ·
Hi All,

I own an EL2 Fairmont Ghia I6 (Tickford Enhanced) and i was wondering what would be the best exhuast system to add to it? I have not done any other modifications, so will changing the exhaust improve it that much? What would be the cost, i've heard of some cheap exhausts, and some more expensive ones, is there a significant difference between these? What would be the expected output after this change? I don't plan to spend that much money, for example, supercharging is too much because I plan to buy a new Falcon in the future. I just want to improve the car I have now slightly, just to see me through before i buy the next falcon. If what i've heard is true of the next falcons, i can't wait to get something with 250Kw and above. I'd rather save my money and buy one of those, than blow it on my 3 year old Ghia.

Thanks in Advance

Paul

#2 ·
Geez, you sound like you are in the same boat I am, own a EL fairmont Ghia, thinking of how far I will go doing it up,

If I do, this is what I planned,

2.5 Inch straight through mandrel bent stainless system, ceramic coated extracters, high flow cat

Unichip

Open up the cold air induction, either larger spout, or rampod, short term, long term a low boost supercharger, powerdyne, maybe around 6psi

New Torque Converter, maybe high 2000's

This sort of stuff, hoping for around low 200kw's, want it to be nice and smooth..............

I would suggest talking to Robert Herrod, at Herrod's Automotive in Thomastown, 103 Northgate Drive, Vic, 3074

Ph, 94645100

Jas

#3 ·
If your going to run a supercharger then get a 3inch exhaust, hell even if your keeping it N/A and there isnt much cost difference between 2.5inch or 3in then get the larger size for sure...

#6 ·
IIV8II said:

Larger = less exhaust velocity = less cylinder scavenging = less torque = slower car?

Its an old wives tale, goto www.autospeed.com and have a look at the exhaust articles they have done, they have proven time and time again that if a car is properly tuned to run a less restrictive exhaust you wont loose power anywhere.

Headers are a different story though....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.