Engine Code for XE. - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2003, 23:22   #1 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Engine Code for XE.

The engine code in the XE i saw today was V.

Can someone tell me if this a 4.1 Xflow. I cant find the website with the relevant info on it. If someone has the web address for it that would be nice too.

Thanks again.
Dan
DansEdgli is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-17-2003, 00:15   #2 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

V= 3.3 Alloy head manual

W=4.1 Allow head Manual & Auto
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 05:28   #3 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

What! That sux. The guy told me 4.1 he thinks and it a column shift but it looks soo good.
Maybe this means i can knock down the price heaps. The car is red over black ESP stlye and lowered with dark tints looks sweet as with a $2500 dollar price tag with 12 months reg and a RWC. I was in love but i cant do much with a 3.3 litre.

Thanks
Dan
Old 02-17-2003, 20:52   #4 (permalink)

Yeah a mate of mine got conned by a car yard a few years back with an XF 5 speed, they told him it was 4.1 but was only a 3.3. They should have a sticker on the rocker cover as well. If you have the 4.1 from your XF just swap everything over to the XE. Then you can put the 3.3 3speed back into the XF, you will need to swap the steering colums over as well.

PS - how did everything go with the motor in your XF, is it up & running?
XAXEXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2003, 21:02   #5 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

Yeah the motor is up and running. It runs heaps better. It revs to 5500 no worries. Not that i do it often i like my pistons in one piece.
I dragged my mates VL (extractors/exhaust) last night and i beat him easily like he was standing still. Before the work he used to kill me.
I still need to install an electric fuel pump cos she stalls when i brake hard due to the fuel entering the carb from the front now. Then i can get it properly tuned with the right jets and what not.
Idles like a slightly lumpy V8.
I has trouble findind an Air filter to fit but finally got one, it scrapes the paint off my bonnet tho.
I had a dyno tune last week and gave it a power run and it flew off the chart. (the chart only went to 100HP).
I think i beat a VP ute last week as well but we both eased off at 80Km.
It goes heaps harder than before and i am very happy with it. Its way more fun to drive now.
Even the new sound puts a smile on my face.
Ill get it on a proper dyno next week and post a thread about it with the results.

Thanks for info
Dan
Old 02-17-2003, 22:07   #6 (permalink)

Thats good Dan, its great to see another hot 250 in an XF on the streets to shake up the commies & rice burners.

I put a Holly Blue electric fuel pump on mine (about $180) and it works fine, but the only thing I don't like about the Holly pump is its very noisy.

Keep us informed with the final Dyno resullts.
Old 02-17-2003, 22:10   #7 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

$180??
I got ripped off.
I got the Holley Blue fuel pump and regulator for $265 from KB engine parts. I think they are way overpriced.
I cant wait till its in. Then power steering is next and then a 3.23 LSD if i dont buy this XE that i saw.
My parents are hesitant to let me sell my mini so i can buy the XE. Not happy. 3 of my cars wont fit in the driveway.

Dan
Old 02-18-2003, 03:31   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I paid $180 for the Holly Blue back in 1999. Does the XE your looking at have the ESP interior (Fairmont Ghia) with Scheel front seats.
Old 02-18-2003, 05:25   #9 (permalink)
Chasing 500rwkw

It has seat covers all around but i dont think it is the ESP interior. The door trims are a tan/cream colour.

It looks the goods but my parents wont have a bar of me spending $2500 for a car that was made in '82.
Dad says
I could have saved my money and bought another ED, My EA only cost me $2800 and its better than any 82 model falcon out there blah blah blah. $2500 for a Shell is stupid, i have rocks in my head blah blah, i could spray the XF well for $1000 (I'd like to know where).

I want it even more now.

AND dont even get me started on what mum said.

They just dont understand.

Dan
Old 02-18-2003, 06:53   #10 (permalink)

They have a point, you will never get the money back that you spend on a car, but if the XE body is better you could swap the drivetrains & sell the XF with the XE motor & gear box. Or you could spend the $2500 on the body & paint work on the XF. I don't know what condition you XF is in though, & $2500 can get used up very easily on body work alone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech