Ford Forums banner

ergent re: petrol flowing

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  TopGhia 
#1 ·
hey guys, hopefuly someone can suggest a reason for why my car has petrol pouring from around the injector (ea cfi).

I tried to start my car and i got nuthing just dulling of lights then when i turned the ignition off there was ticking coming from the engine bay (the relays were ticking). So i pressed my immobliser thinking it was just that but then it didnt work so i was thinking flat battery. So i popped the bonnet to see what the ticking noise was and all the relays were ticking and my front indicators were on but dull and there was petrol over flowing from around the injector, down the manifold and onto the ground. So i just disconnected the battery to stop the petrol from flowing.

So basicaly my car wont start and all my elctrics are screwed and petrol wont stop flowing to the injector! I need help

Cheers

#2 ·
The injectors have a constant power supply and are operated by earth through the computer. Have you checked your signal wires on the manifold loom? They are brown and green. It sounds as if the injectors are remaining open, first thing I'd look for if it was my car would be a short here, causing the injector to be permanently open.

#3 ·
Well ive seen this happen also, it was due to the negative on the battery terminal being loose/corroded. We fixed this and all was good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.