Extractor flanges - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2001, 15:31   #1 (permalink)

roll Extractor flanges

Someone out there might have an idea for my problem, I hope. I've got Pacemaker 4 into 1 extractors on my XF, and the bottom of the flange (where it joins the exhaust system) is at just the legal ride height. However, the rest of the car is just a little too high for my liking. Any ideas how the extractors can be modified/tucked up? I'm looking for about an inch higher. My exhaust people say there's nothing that can be done ......

Any ideas?
211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2001, 04:16   #2 (permalink)

roll

Change your extractor or butcher the ones you got with a oxy
cobraXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 04:47   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

tri y extractors are really your only option ... if you butcher the current extractors you may screw up the flow characteristics. Does the motor really require 4-1?? maybe interference extractors may do the job...
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2001, 14:38   #4 (permalink)

No, I am not going to butcher what I've got (God, I see dollar signs just thinking about it!!), and I chose 4 into 1's for a bit of drag racing out at Heathcote (if I can cope with picking the rubber off my rear guards after a run - shudder!).

The car looks pretty good as is, so looks like I'll have to live with it - it's just that I reckon the XD's-XF's look sensational as low as you can get them ... Will post a pic in the gallery as soon as the weather's good for a photo shoot.
211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2001, 01:24   #5 (permalink)
Australian XF Member

If yoy have the room between crosmember and colector cut them of and replace with a mandrel slight s bend { or space the trans mount } , sugest flanging in front of the cross member replacing with 3" pipes.
Also recomend, with a bit of work you can drill the left hand eng mount, use a 5 1/16 bolt with 1/8 play to aviod vibration this limets l/h eng lift to about 3/8", saves mount's and oil filter's.
also check out a short G/box cross member and save 1 1/2".
Bending pipes for 15 years there is a solution just finding it ?

Luck.
Bruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2001, 12:05   #6 (permalink)
BSR Twin System (tm)

Flat collectors. (Four pipes in line, nor two above another 2).
smciner1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech