Extractor Problems - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2003, 17:44   #1 (permalink)

Extractor Problems

Hey ppl,

I just recently put Pacemaker Extractors on my ED Futura. The engine is stock and i have the standard exhaust still. Saving for another exhaust atm. Neways after i put em on the car went worse. It had a huge flat spot n just went crap all round. I took battery off n let it re-program n it was better but still didn't go better than with the original manifold???

Anyone got any suggestions why this is so EXCEPT buy another exhaust as i will when i got the money.

Thanks
Matt
Matt_971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2003, 17:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: Extractor Problems

If they are the norm pacey's they have very big pipes, not the best setup for falcons but ok, the problem you have now is that all this free flowing gas exits the engine nice and quick and then slams against the old cat and piping and the speed is reduced lots and backpressure should increase. the old system would have kept it all flowing at a constant rate, hence nice smooth accel and constant power. you should have gained some down low but lost up high. you wont get the upper end back till you get the rest done. anyone feel free to totallly blow me out of the water if im wrong.
17" ROH Shadow Chrome RT's, K&N Air Filter, LSD Conversion w/ 3.7 Gears.
Proudest Addition: Socks the Brindle Staffy Girl.
Proud TQE Operator
6pAc|30nG|00n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 20:42   #3 (permalink)

Yeah i dunno if they r norm pacey's or not. How do i tell??

Anyways it seems to have a tiny if any bit of extra low down go but topend seems same as before. Neways i gunna go price an exhaust tonight after work. lol any suggestions on what i should go for??

Also it is leakin like a dog atm cause i had to modify my old exhaust to fit these on. Would that also help make it go crap??

Thanks
Matt
Old 08-18-2003, 22:01   #4 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

I've got the same setup - Pacemakers but with 2.5 cat and then the stock exhaust all on an EB2.

Not real impressive but then again you'd hardly call the 148kW from the 4.0 an indication of high performance. My biggest issue is a resonance that seems to come from the front muffler area at around 2500rpm

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2003, 22:55   #5 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

My money would be on the rest of the system as well. Try putting a 2.5" cat and pipes on, that should help a lot.

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 03:50   #6 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

Have you noticed increased power anywhere in the rev range? How is your economy?
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2003, 04:36   #7 (permalink)
NOS + Boost = Fun

i had exactly the same result on my EB2 Fairmont. After is put the 2.5" cat back exhaust on and a 2.5" high flow cat, the car went like a rocket. We did back pressure tests before extractors, after extractors and after exhaust, and the figure with the extractors and no exhaust was huge.
Wack on a 2.5" system, and all will be fine.
(I'll work it out one day)
Hilux Diff - 4.1 Detroit Locker
BlownV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2003, 00:29   #8 (permalink)

Yeah I am puttin some money aside for the system now.

I fixed my DODGY (lol) bit of exhaust i made n now i seems to have tiny bit more pull to it down low but like what has been said it has lost top end.

I'm happy wit it atm. Also my ecomnomy SEEMS to have got better. I not sure yet as i haven't been on a long trip yet but around town seems like i usin less fuel which is always GREAT

I'll let ya know how it goes wit a full system on it

Thanks all
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech