Ford Forums banner

the F@$%*# front door won't open....aaaaarrrghhh!!!!!!!

14K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  XF 5.0 S 
#1 ·
The XF has central locking fitted, and while at the drive in, at the end of the movie, I tried to open the door from inside not knowing my elbow was resting on the lock latch, so as I tried to open it, my elbow pushed it down, and whammo, a strange noise came from the door, and its jammed shut....and the opening handle on the inside is stuck in the open position.

So after crawling out through the passenger side door (extremely embarrassing), and trying to unlock it with the key, and open it from outside, inside and ouside again, nothing has worked.

My dilemma, how do I open the F#@*!er???? If it won't open, how do I take the door trim off to inspect??

Any help appreciated.

Max.

#7 ·
My bet is the outside handle has been lifted or pulled too hard and the linkage has jumped into the wrong position at the back of the handle.

if your in the racv or nrma get them to open the door with their special tool (they shouldnt damage anything..and it should be free)

#8 ·
the lock on my xf drivers front door is broken too. I think it is one simple little spring(probably only 5c, but can't buy anywhere!!), cause it wont stay in the unlocked position. I have to open the car with the key everytime. And i have to hold the key in the "unlock" position while pulling on the handle. The rest of the car is keyless entry, so i hate it how i have to stand in the rain for an extra few seconds fiddling with the key... its embarassing....

#10 ·
Yeah get it sorted out.

I've had central locking (or keyless entry.. to sound more flashier) for about 1.5 years now, and its the best thing ever. I'd die to go back to locking the doors by hand again!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.