Ford Forums banner

F series pickup

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  outback_ute 
#1 ·
Hey, im going to get an old f series pickup pretty soon, (they are very very cheap) like the late 60's-early 70's models. I was just wondering which model will be the easiest to work on that i can get a powerfull 360ci. i need some advice.

#2 ·
Are you in US or Aus? I'm assuming US by the pickup term. I don't know that much about F-series but 360ci V8 is a Mopar motor, you are more likely to find a 351 Windsor. I don't think there would be that much difference in how hard they are to work on but some of the older models are real primitive in the suspension, etc.

Leaving aside the motor/power requirement (judge by what is satisfactory when driving, or ignore 6 cyls, etc) you are better off by buying on condition rather than one particular model over another when getting into vehicles that old. The most important thing is whether they have been looked after - rust, any big mechanical jobs coming up, etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.