Ford Forums banner

Faulty central locking

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  XR6child 
#1 ·
Hey all my door locks in my EL futura have gone crazy! First off it started off by me locking the doors, but the lock would pop back up, so i'll have to keep locking till the doors actually stayed locked.

Now there seem to be a problem with the front passenger door unlocking when i unlock all doors. I seem to have to press the lock button when in the car to unlock that door.

Whats wrong with the central locking?

thanks

#3 ·
I have a similar problem. When I press the button, it locks then unlocks. When it does that I have to use the key in the passenger door to lock the car as the driver door will do the same as the central locking. Then i'll drive to work, and it's fine again. Still does it now and again. I might need to charge the battery.

Let us know how you go.

#4 ·
ah my central locking is getting even more crazy now! I have an EL so theres only one of those lock things that is located on the drivers door, and also only one key hole on the drivers door.

The plastic thing on random times just start going up and down for bout 5 seconds even when i dont touch it.

The front passenger door is now useless to open it from the inside, its like the door handle isnt connected to anything anymore.

#5 ·
Rossi, it probably needs some lubrication somewhere. As above, its fairly common with EF / EL's for play up in this manner.

Snavy, sounds very mechanical ( at least the passenger side ). I'd be pulling the door liner to check that the appropriate rods / bars etc are all still in place and not bent or broken . . .

#6 ·
We've had this problem in our NL fairlane and unfortunately it isnt a quick or cheap fix..

The problem is caused by the central locking actuators and apparently is very common. To fix it, you can take it to ford and for around $2000.00 they will put the lastest version actuators in the car to rectify the problem.

Lucky for us it happened in the fairlane while the warranty hadnt run out. But theres where your problem lies!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news!

cheers
-xr6child

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.