fixing that front bar droop? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 07:10   #1 (permalink)
White Lightning

fixing that front bar droop?

like many ea-ed falcons ive seen, my front bar has about an inch of droop at the wheel arch. ive heard theres an easy and cheap way to fix this. is this true? cos it really detracts from the car when the bar is sagging like it is.
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2004, 08:44   #2 (permalink)
Sandwich Connoisseur

Re: fixing that front bar droop?

I'm pretty sure its just a plastic clip that the bumper slots onto. My mates ED XR6 (alot bloody worse condition then yours, beleive me) seemed to be missing it on one side. You should be able to pick one up from the wreckers. I think alot of ea-ed's have just lost theirs from just the car being shook to peices over some of our countries great roads.

I6, 5sp Factory Manual , Wade 1636, Pacemaker PH4480s, HF Cat, Cat-Back 2 1/2" Mandrel Bent Lukey Zorst, Car-puter, XR Front and AUII Clear Side Indicators.

Dull Alloy factory mags, ooo yeah.

Proud TQE Operator
donno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 08:52   #3 (permalink)
FPVWEPN

yhes a very easy way, drill a small hole underneath the bumper into the underside of the quarter panel and insert a bolt nut and washer and do it up tight will make it sit flush and looks a treat : ))
King Springs Superlows, K-mac camber-castor kit, colour coded interior, AU3 Xr8 Snorkle, K&N pod Filter, Deribbed Air Box, AutoLite Plugs, JMM Race Series Headers, High flow cat, 2.5 inch Redback exaust, 3" stainless steel intake, dev 5 cam, rollmaster timing gear, crow valve springs, stainless steel valves, dev 5 head, au headgasket, 4.11 LSD "174 rwks!!!"
FPVWEPN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 15:10   #4 (permalink)

my car has what FPVWEPN said
does work good
Ruger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 16:01   #5 (permalink)
White Lightning

ok thanks. ill have a look at doing that this arvo.
Lukey Extractors, Mandrel Bent 2.5" Exhaust w/ High Flow Cat & 2 Hotdogs, Kings Springs Super Lows, KYB Short Throw Shocks, DBA Slotted Rotors [F], RDA Standard Rotors [R], Bendix Advance Pads, K&N Panel Filter
derb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech