Fog lghts - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2002, 04:15   #1 (permalink)
Proud BA XR6 Owner!

Question Fog lghts

Hey,

Im wanting to put fog lights into the front air dam. I am on a fairly low budget, but i dont want to comprimise quality too much. Just wondering what everyones opinion is regarding the lights, and i any one can tell me the easiest / best way to fit them. Finally, where should i put the shitch, bearing in mind i want it very neat (i also have a gas / petrol switch in the rear demister panel.)

Thanx

Chris
TOX|C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-24-2002, 04:32   #2 (permalink)
Cobra188

Chris> What model car? Depending on the space you have available - just fit the largest light you can basically, and keep with a good brand name. Where you put the switch is up to you.
Fog lights are covered by ADRs so get one that has a compliance number on the lens or you can be knocked back at rego time.
Choose a white light and make sure it has a shielded globe - if it has a compliance number it should have a shield anyway.
Fog lights can be wired almost anyway you like - most ppl prefer to wire them through the park light circuit. I personally wire mine through the ACC circuit because I use them as a day light and don't need the park lights (or dash lights) on during the day. Also if you forget to turn them off they will go off when you turn your key off - better than a flat battery eh?
BTW - the whallopers are having a crackdown at present on ppl who have their fog lights on all the time at night (they can't stop you during the day) - you've seen all those rice burners with really bright fog lights, well the coppers have had so many complaints they are booking everyone who has them on, rice or not!
There is a section in the Motor Traffic Act (or whatever it's called now) that prohibits the use of fog lights except in fog, snow, rain or other atmospheric conditions that reduce visibility.
Old 06-24-2002, 05:04   #3 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Dead on man.... Here in WA they're cracking down here too Bigtime.. My bro got a canary cause he fitted a set to his Probe and hardwired em in so whenever his low beam was on they were too. Because he wasnt able to switch em off independantly over the pits he went...

Member of the "TKTDSGM " Group..
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 05:39   #4 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Yeh thats right!
i installed the fairlane cornering lamps on my EF Fairmont so they stay on when i put the parkers on (they are surposed to be hooked up to the indictors and turn off after 5 seconds) .. The jacks told me off for having them and let me off with a warning demanding i make a switch in the cabin for em.
Old 06-24-2002, 06:21   #5 (permalink)
No longer around

and chubbs have ya made a switch yet?
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 06:39   #6 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

LOL no...
But just today i replaced the Green parkers with normal ones (im over it).. so thats one illegality out the way. lol
Old 06-24-2002, 06:45   #7 (permalink)
No longer around

gotta hand it to ya but love ya machine after ive finished my ute ill get myself a EL Ghia 8
MADNC_8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 07:02   #8 (permalink)
Wanting 5 Gears, Damnit!

Thats the spirit!!! lol
just get the Ghia 6 mate. Theyre quicker
Old 06-24-2002, 13:02   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra188
I personally wire mine through the ACC circuit because I use them as a day light and don't need the park lights (or dash lights) on during the day. .....................

There is a section in the Motor Traffic Act (or whatever it's called now) that prohibits the use of fog lights except in fog, snow, rain or other atmospheric conditions that reduce visibility.
Which includes running them in daylight.
rally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2002, 15:26   #10 (permalink)

They aren't too harsh on you here in Victoria are they? I drive past cops all the time with mine on and I never get anything. If you've got them aimed too high then it annoys people, that's when you get busted. I've got mine low enough to see the road and not piss ppl off, coz I know what it's like. Them damn crapadores (VTs/VXs) do it all the time.
Pearly is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech