Ford Dealer Service - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2002, 22:43   #1 (permalink)
Don't be a sheep

Ford Dealer Service

Reading through some of the posts here, and through personal experience, not many people are happy with they way they get treated when they give their car to a Ford dealer for a service or to have something fixed, and the price they charge Geez, I was quoted $330 for a 130,000k service on my EF a while ago. The local REPCO only charged $130. It seems you need to take you car back to Ford 3 times, once for the initial problem, the second time because it is still not fixed, and the third, to get everything fixed they stuffed up the first and second time.
This is one area that Ford should put some effort into fixing.
:oo1:
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2002, 23:18   #2 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

Re: Ford Dealer Service

Quote:
Originally posted by ELXR8
It seems you need to take you car back to Ford 3 times, once for the initial problem, the second time because it is still not fixed, and the third, to get everything fixed they stuffed up the first and second time.

This is one area that Ford should put some effort into fixing.
:oo1:
Totally agree. I can sympathise with the dealer to some extent (ignoring the last 24 hours worth of stuff) if what they tell me about trying to communicate with Ford is true. However, as someone involved in dealing with customers on a daily basis, one of the first things you learn is that, 9 times out of 10, if you keep the customer updated (calling them) and don't wait for them to complain, then you'll be so much better off.

Simon....
Old 03-06-2002, 23:29   #3 (permalink)
I want a turtle!

I have only ever gone to a ford service dept twice.

Once... cos my accelerator cable snapped (and I was about 1km away)... the 2nd time to get them to put the correct accelerator cable in.

Had my car serviced at midas a few times... only $79 I think...
Old 03-06-2002, 23:34   #4 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

Quote:
Originally posted by XR8chic
I have only ever gone to a ford service dept twice.

Once... cos my accelerator cable snapped (and I was about 1km away)... the 2nd time to get them to put the correct accelerator cable in.
Proving ELXR8's point :s3

I think people need to be aware that some of us that are lucky (though I'm beginning to wonder) enough to have a car still under Ford warranty, NEED to get it serviced at a dealer. Hence my quest in another post for a good one in Perth.

Sometimes I'm tempted to get everyone here to ring my dealer on particular day and say "We're watching and we're not impressed". Anyone see that movie with the famous line "I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it any more?" What was it called?

Simon....
Old 03-07-2002, 00:24   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Hi
Hate to state a contrary opinion but I've had nothing but great service from my dealership. They looked after my AUXR6 when I had it and they now look after the T-Series, the Cougar and the Laser.
Prices have been what I consider reasonable having worked out at 6.3 cents a kilometre for the XR6, 8.7 cents for the TE and 3.6 cents for the Cougar (but it's only done 26,000). The Laser hasn't had it's second service yet.
The guys have always been friendly, informative and knowledgeable which probably explains why they were service dealership of the year for four years in a row.
Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 00:28   #6 (permalink)
Can't get enough of it!

Quote:
Originally posted by russellw
Hi
Hate to state a contrary opinion but I've had nothing but great service from my dealership. They looked after my AUXR6 when I had it and they now look after the T-Series, the Cougar and the Laser.
Russ, don't be afraid to state contrary opinions! That's the only way that some people will get to hear of good dealers and will, hopefully, increase their business.

I've nothing against making a profit, BTW, but I don't agree with trying to take advantage of the customer 'cos you stuffed up.

Glad you're happy with your dealer!

Simon....

PS: All, bear in mind that complaints generally far outweigh "I'm happy with ..." messages. That doesn't generally mean that there are far more baddies out there than goodies, just a fact of life that people complain more frequently than they will thank.
Old 03-07-2002, 01:27   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Should probably name them - Strapp Ford at Doncaster.
(Only downside is that they also own Doncaster H*****n and there's frequently SS's and other things floating around the PD area - still gives me a chance to pick holes in them !!)
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 01:34   #8 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

Had a run in with Blacktown Ford over a service on my AU S pack. I used to get treated there very well when the salesman that sold me the car worked there.

Now he works at Alto Ford and I bought my third car from him last year, I'll take my car back to him for service.
Old 03-07-2002, 15:27   #9 (permalink)
European Member

You don't NEED to get your car serviced at ford to retain your warranty. Simply record what you do and when and you're covered. As long as you can prove you are maintaining the car to manufacturers standards no probs. Besides how hard is it to check hoses, fluid levels etc which is basically all they do!
sjwau2xr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2002, 16:07   #10 (permalink)
Crazed Cone Chaser

Ultra tune, do warranty services.

I have heard lots of good things about New Oak ford in Oakleigh.

A mate has actually just had his in there for a new water pump, I picked it up for him, and I must say the guy behind the counter was friendly, not just "here's the keys, get out of here".

Oh yeah...and there's no damage to the car either.

DILLIGAF: a subsiduary of the DGAF NOP group of companies.
BSR Member - 'Blanky' 'ConeKiller'

Go Here for My Garage Sale
MADXF is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech