Ford Recall Letter - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2001, 19:21   #1 (permalink)
NSW TICKFORD OWNERS CLUB

Ford Recall Letter

Anyone else get a Ford recall letter for a problem with the "throttle cable grommet"...
dkmaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2001, 22:29   #2 (permalink)
slim

About 6 months ago now that was big news, made TV news :) its the simplest little job, only takes ten minutes. And nothing to worry about less you have a HEAVY right foot.
If you got the letter this late then did you just buy the car in last six months or did ford forget you?
Old 10-17-2001, 19:25   #3 (permalink)
Ford Freak!

I didn't receive any letter. I'm pretty pissed off by the whole thing. I have an AUII XR6HP and have done three throttle cables in 12,000km. I have a heavy right foot, but **** me the bloody thing is supposed to be driven hard, it's an XR. Had an AU XR6HP for nearly 40,000km and treated it exactly the same. The cable never gave once. Why have they changed it, and screwed it up. By the way, if you get stuck and your cable brakes, try securing it with a cable tie around the bracket. I always carry cable ties now as I'm worried about the thing breaking again. Shit, I'm so fed up I want to sell the car and get my old XC 351 back on the road. Got it with 180,000km on the odometer, and drove it till about 350,000km before I took it off the road to do it up. It hardly ever missed a beat over all that those kms.

I love the new technology, but there's nothing like the old reliability.

Nicko
mikenicko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2001, 10:03   #4 (permalink)

in regards to nick, its so true old reliability, ive just had the clutch cable rip a hole in the firewall, of my ed falcon 93 xr6 so sad

bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech