Ford Spare Parts departments - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
┬╗ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2002, 17:38   #1 (permalink)

confused Ford Spare Parts departments

Why don't we have a discussion about Ford Spare Parts departments.

My experences have been varied, I have found Knox Ford in Ferntree Gully(Melbourne) to be the worst, don't know anything and just don't want to serve a 20 year old male

I can recommend (in Melbourne) the following Ford Spare parts departments- in no particular order

1. Brian Glynn Ford- excellent service, answer all my queries, give me a good discount
2. Etheridge Ford- Great service, no fuss, queries get answered, get discounts

3. Coffey Ford- Great service- emailed with a particular query and they had the part on the desk when I got there, can't get any better than that!!

I would like to hear your experiences, and love to get your recommendations- especially in Melbourne.
sfordham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-03-2002, 19:28   #2 (permalink)
Australian EB Fairmont Ghia Member

Ive only dealt with 2,

Kloster Ford (Newcastle) - Have had no problems at all.. always very helpful.

Titan Ford (Brookvale) - Clueless, unless you give them a part number you'll be there for a while. Although they've always had what i wanted in stock.

1993 EBII Fairmont Ghia 5.0L Wagon,
Lowered, Tinted, 17" Speedy Ravens & 2.5" Sports Exhaust.
( 1 of 26 built )

AND

1985 Telstar TX5 Turbo, stock as a rock.
eb_5litre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2002, 19:32   #3 (permalink)
Motorbike rider

Courtesy Patterson in Heidelberg (Mel) very very good
Old 08-03-2002, 19:33   #4 (permalink)
CEO - The BSR Group

Re: Ford Spare Parts departments

Quote:
Originally posted by sfordham
3. Coffey Ford- Great service- emailed with a particular query and they had the part on the desk when I got there, can't get any better than that!!
I'm a bit of a fan of Coffey Ford, there's this one shady bloke there who will almost *give* stuff away :s6:

Up this way, have only dealt with Klosters Newcastle. Needless to say, they have not impressed me in any way or form to date, in any aspect of their business. But I'm not going to start on this again.. must relax.. must relax..
Old 08-03-2002, 21:16   #5 (permalink)
At the 3FB Cheese Wheel

In Sydney, I deal with Alto Ford or Brad Garlick Ford and are very happy with both.

I one I try to steer clear of is Cumberland Ford in Blacktown, I've had a few bad experiences with them.
Old 08-04-2002, 00:08   #6 (permalink)
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!

I usualy only go to New Oak Ford, and have had various levels of success. One of the guys there is a compete tosser, and knowlingly tried to pull a swifty on me and sell me the wrong bits. But the other guys are really helpful, so apart from that one punk arse they are allright:oo1:
Old 08-04-2002, 02:10   #7 (permalink)

I had a similar experience with New Oak Ford, went in for a AUII Owners Manual, they said they had in stock, I roll up there and see it in the display case, walk up to counter, say " I spoke on the phone to X about this manual for an AUII blah blah" and says we don't have it, it was right there, in the glass display case!!!

Fed up, I went to Etheridge Ford- 1.5 hr bus trip, had no licence then, asked for the same thing, had to order it from Stan H Earle (Bookworks now) , it took 6 weeks to come, why did'nt I just point to it in that case!!!

My dad told me I should of explained that it was there in the case and should not of left until I had got it, I should of pointed to it, It was a waste of the school holidays, as I was looking forward to getting it!!

I have learn't my lesson now!!!

I also take this opportunity to let you know that I am a collector of car Owner Manual and have been into for about 8 years, I have an extensive collection, up to the AUIII, looking forward to getting a BA one when it is out
sfordham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 02:34   #8 (permalink)

I have found my local at Windsor , Winford Motors to have a great spares section . One of the boys has been there forever I've known of him when I worked in spares some 25 years and that must prove that they treet him well . there service dep now thats another question.
DARREN
Darren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 02:41   #9 (permalink)
The cat in the hat

Re: Re: Ford Spare Parts departments

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Sparkle

I'm a bit of a fan of Coffey Ford, there's this one shady bloke there who will almost *give* stuff away :s6:

Gee that bloke must be a bit of a legend...:s2:
partsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2002, 02:42   #10 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

Titan Ford have been good for oarts service over here.
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech