Ford v Holden - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2001, 08:30   #1 (permalink)

Ford v Holden

Guys,
heaps of my mates are Holden knobs and seem to have heaps of comments about why Ford suck. I really need some comebacks, esp about the new commodores (VT, VX). Any help will be appreciated. They seem to rekon Ford should bring out some decent engines (V8's) like they have in USA. Ford is getting outsold by way to much. I love the cars but god dam commodores are everywhere.
xr6digga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2001, 13:03   #2 (permalink)
RAT

First up, you can't keep referring to those buckets by their marketing names, try using crappadore, floggadore, dunnydore or what really gets up them: the Lexcen. Did you know that the brand name actually stands for Hope Our Luck Doesn't End Now - which rings true on race day because they could only win a race based on 'special' rules & the leading Falcons misfortune. Until the Chev, (Cough Heave Eventually Vomit,) motors came along, they couldn't pull over 200kw (alleged) out of a 5 litre & the stroker was only good for a 'scary' 225kw, whereas our T-series & now the XR8s pump out 220 from the 5.0. Add $7000 (Herrod kit) & you're clipping 250/260kw & thats with standard everything & we all know the real difference comes with a good heads/intake/exhaust setup. Ask them what happened to the first VT cop cars, didn't have the nuts to run flashing lights, sirens & the country music radio station. Not to mention woeful handling & unreliability resulting in police re-orders being 80% to 20% in Fords favour. Ask them why there are so many Falcon Taxis running around, look at the use & abuse those things get, coundn't get the same time out of a commonbore. Which brings us to doing up cars, crappadore drivers are like sheep - all 'modified' buckets out there look the same, I've never heard a Ford fanatic walk up to the 'HIV racing' brigade & say that they're "...a ford man but that floggadores great.." although thats what we got at the GMC 400 club display. Don't be disheartened we need crappy cars like theirs to keep those 'knobs' out of the cars we all drive. But I agree with them on one note - Ford should slot in some good new motors from the states ie: 5.4L, what will the poor bastards say then?
RAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 15:29   #3 (permalink)

HERE HERE!!!
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2001, 15:59   #4 (permalink)
EDFalcon

More stuff about holdens

I know for a fact that holden v8 cop cars are only getting 30000 km out of their auto gearboxes.
A mate of mine works at a geelong holden dealership. How can holden make money out of this? I heard NSW cops are ordering more XR8's now so there are cheap deals for unwanted v8 holdens. If you cant thrash a car for 30000km, thats not that flash.

I also know that the commodore is not an australian car !!! Its acually based on an OPEL OMEGA from europe, home grown indeed!! They look so alike its not funny.

A v6 engine is not a superior design, its just for packageing, and is infact less smooth, and produces no where near the torque of a straight six of the same size.
Old 07-23-2001, 10:27   #5 (permalink)

Don't you reakon the the 'dunnydore' design is starting to look like it was designed 10 years ago. Even the new VX is now just playing catch up with the AU (series 1!)
How bad does the new HSV look! They've stuck a really ugly body kit on it to disguise how dated the shape is. And what about that crappp bit of plastic that now fills in between the rear lights it makes the tail lights look too small for the size of the car and draws attention to the fat arse rear end. I could go on... Dave
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2001, 12:08   #6 (permalink)
jase_elxr8

Holes Oil Leaks Dents & Engine Noises
Old 07-23-2001, 12:28   #7 (permalink)

Great going guys. I guess we need to keep winning races. BTW, why do the front spoilers on the AU's always fall off when bumped (in the V8 supercar series)??
xr6digga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 09:31   #8 (permalink)

Hey xr6digga, get yourself a copy of todays (27/5) Herald Drive section if you want some ammo to throw back at your Holden mates. It's all about the amount of factory recalls of Australia's favorite.
XR Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 11:27   #9 (permalink)
BSR

Hey dont knock Holdens too much...They do keep DICKHEADS out of Fords!!
XLR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2001, 19:58   #10 (permalink)
ajrs EF XR6

Just got this. Check out the latest offering on the way. XR8 and almost entry level T series. Looks heaps easier than stripping a T series wreck down.

http://www.ford.com.au/linkLogger.asp?d=3&i=177
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech