Front spoiler - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-27-2003, 01:22   #1 (permalink)

Front spoiler

Has anyone fitted an AU III Pursuit Ute front spoiler/lip to a Series III XR sedan? I'm considering doing this mod and was wondering what was involved.
Cheers
Kyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2003, 18:06   #2 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Gidday mate,

I have fitted a pursuit front spoiler to my AUII XR8 and boy does it look sweet, couldnt be easier to fit, slides in over the existing spoiler and clips around the front bit of the wheel arch, you then drill and screw the supplied screws into the flat piece on the front of the wheel arch, took me 10 minutes, I then got some Sellys no more gaps and ran a fillet around the join between the old and new parts and then sprayed the whole front, the new spoiler now looks like its always been part of the car and not added on.

See below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg xrquartmid.jpg (12.5 KB, 78 views)
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
GTP07S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2003, 18:31   #3 (permalink)

The spoiler looks great on your car.
I'm going to do this mod on my AU III Meteorite XR8 along with the high wing off the series 3 TS50.
How much did it cost you to get it painted??
Kyoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2003, 17:00   #4 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

I painted it myself mate, no real problem at all, the spoiler comes prepared and primed, just a light sanding to remove anything that may be on it and then paint, I get spray cans of paint made up at the local automaotive paint supplier, give it about 5 or 6 coats, the more the better, and then get a high gloss laquer, and another 5 or 6 coats of that, very lightly sanding in between.

You must use the laquer, 1, to give it the correct shine, and 2 gives it protection from stone chips, with out it the spoiler will look sandblasted after a few long drives.

It will cost around $150 - $200 to get it painted
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 08-26-2003, 23:03   #5 (permalink)

Do you think it would fit onto a low series au1 front bumper?

Quote:
Elena: On the day of disaster, many people gathered on this roof to see the beautiful shining cloud above the Atomic Power Plant
dcflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2003, 23:40   #6 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Re: Front spoiler

tezza, where do you go to get the paint made up, i want to do some minor work, but can never get a galaxy colour at all and i dont like the idea of having it in the touch up brush, prefer spray myself.

One day i hope to get an AUIII XR8.. seen some around Adelaide for $35k so will definately be adding the front lip there, but going to remove the rear spoiler, just personal preference.
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2003, 17:42   #7 (permalink)
Very happy GT-P owner

Re: Re: Front spoiler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordel
tezza, where do you go to get the paint made up, i want to do some minor work, but can never get a galaxy colour at all and i dont like the idea of having it in the touch up brush, prefer spray myself.
There is a place on Grand Junction Rd, just down from from South Rd on the right as you head toward the Port.
Its called Care distributors, they supply the paint for crash repairs, can get it in all types of quantities, I get spray cans made up for $19.50 I think.

The paint lasts for ever, you just need to take your paint code down and they will make it up for you.

Mine is Narooma Blue, and it took a fair while for them to get the breakdown, they should have galaxy.
www.fpvxrclub.com.au
Old 08-27-2003, 17:44   #8 (permalink)
Lord of the RC

Re: Front spoiler

Thanks Terry

I will have to look into them :)

Chris
fordel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech