fuel injectors - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2004, 00:51   #1 (permalink)

fuel injectors

Do fuel injectors need servicing and if they do at how many ks.Ive got an au2 xl ute i6.thanks
CLARKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2004, 01:00   #2 (permalink)
WHATEVER !!!!!!!

Re: fuel injectors

im not sure all ive done is put one of thoes injector cleaners threw it.

havnt noticed ne diff but yeh

be interesting to know

pacemaker extractors , 2.5 ' sports exhaust by d&t, tickford cam, ss cold air induction kit, k&n air filter, lovell superlows . 35% premium tint

soon to have ef xr6 lsd diff in

kenwood deck, clarion front splits 6.5's , clarion rear 6.5's, 2 clarion 600 wtt 12' subs, 1000 wtt amp.
silver bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 01:06   #3 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Injectors are usually very reliable..Can get spray patten/ flo rates checked...
But generally imo you are putting money in some one elses pocket...
Can take out and clean pindle etc yourself...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 03:07   #4 (permalink)
Experimental Racer#6

I took mine aout and cleaned them with a toothbrush and a jar of fuel.
Worked well.
TIKFD6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 03:06   #5 (permalink)

Many years ago, when I was a lad, and computers had not been invented yet, there used to be such a thing as a "technical pen". These things used to be used to do engineering drawings and such stuff, and used to run on Indian ink. When you left the pens for a week or so without the tops on the ink would dry out and gum up the pen. We then used what was called an "ultrasonic pen cleaner" that ultrasonicaly (der) broke up the ink and refreshed the pens. Guess what? It also used to work really well on injectores, especialy Jaguar ones. It was a bit slow though, cos you usualy could only do one or two at a time, and on a V12 that took FOREVER! I don't know if these cleaners are still available. I do know that Ultra-Tune have an injector cleaning system that seems to work. Pour - in injector cleaners really only get rid of the looser stuff, and not the varnish. I would probably say if your engine has done over 160k you need to have a good think about the efficiency of them. A crowd in Ringwood (Vic) called Powerflow have reasonably priced replacements.
Anyway, thats my 2c worth
creature3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 03:32   #6 (permalink)
Vic
Underachiever in training

Can injectors physically wear out?
Vic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 10:50   #7 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

You can still get the ultrasonic cleaners, $200 - $400 or so (sometimes cheaper).
By using one of these, with cleaners, you can do an ok job on them . . . Although I think you really need a pressure bench to do it 100% (i.e. able to hook em up and check flows / patterns etc).

Depending on where you go, you can pay a fortune for remanufactured ones ( I was actually quoted $300 *each* for OEM Ford ones at one place). You can get them much cheaper from the USA (US$220 should get a set of 8 FMS injectors).
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2004, 15:24   #8 (permalink)
Ford Appreciation Society

I'd only get them cleaned and tested when there is something noticably wrong with the car.

I was told to run a tank of PULP and see if that improved things, as my first EB had a range of 300kms a tank. It didn't improve, so I had the injectors pulled out and sent them off to be cleaned and checked. 2 were okay, 4 would not come good. The 4 duds were replaced and my fuel economy went from 300 around town to 500 around town.
Old 02-24-2004, 16:55   #9 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

^^^ Lol, thats probably the best point :)

Unless you've been using bodge fuels, or have been unlucky, its unlikely they should be clogged already. You can also give one of the injector fuel additives a go... (something I should give a shot myself )
XR8 Lamah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech