IS the FUEl at the moment a big problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2005, 00:53   #1 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

IS the FUEl at the moment a big problem

every second post hear has idle problems and then they seem to mysticly fix them selve and just today my car has had an idle problem i have been putting my ideas in on other post you know with all the comon things that could cause these problems no ironicly my car come down with the car flu and wont idle well its got me fully f##ked what is going on i have gone through the usual sparks checked my holley checked leads almost my whole ignition system now it idles like a bitch i t shakes but good oil pressure good temp all that is fine. now im thinking its my fuel. its worst when its in gear at idle at lights. any ways all the same problems as all the other posts and there seems to be tomany of the same probs everone is having. im running bp ultimate and yesterday i bought some and my car ran a little weird and early today i put in premeum from a indipendant staion and my car ran fine then it seems that i put in ultimate again today at lunchtime and im pretty sure thats when it started this crap
libbys_xf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2005, 00:58   #2 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

Re: IS the FUEl at the moment a big problem

but man my car is running like a dog feels like it is dying. please if other people experencing this problem let me know its scaring the sh#t out of me its running so bad. i know my car very well and i built this thing but its got me stuffed what is giong on. this is crazy im wondering if it is a prob with fuels at moment please add your input
Old 07-22-2005, 01:19   #3 (permalink)
Conan

I have found with my street/race car that if the fuel is 2wks or older the thing runs like a dog. We spent many a dyno session working out what it was, but finally found that the fuel was to blame. I would race for the weekend, put the thing in the shed for three weeks, pull it out and get prepped for the next meeting and find the thing would be down by 50hp and cough, splutter, sound off etc. The only way to fix it is to fill her up with fresh fuel.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:41   #4 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

yer thats what mine is doing but its fresh fuel it must be dirty. shakes and feels like a delayed spark but all that stuff is fine it just doesnt what to burn well this fuel. i have to wait till i burn this stuff up and see if non bp fuel is better as said before i had premiun from an independant fuel company and it was fine but it seems to be not long after i put bp ultimatein this has accoured thats why i think its bad fuel and to see dozens of others with same problems on this board.
Old 07-22-2005, 01:49   #5 (permalink)
Nitrous oxide xf

see ill have to blame the yanks on this start war make fuel go up then people put all sorts of crap in the fuel make it cheaper
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech