Ford Forums banner

Fuelstar??

3K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Ford jeepman 
#1 ·
Hi,

I was talking to a guy about fuelstar at OZCAP yesterday....

http://www.fuelstar.com

Sounds interesting....

Has anyone here actually tried one ??

Was the increase in fuel ecconomy noticable, did you get an increase in power?? Was it a waste of money??

#4 ·
Fuelstar rely on a report from a Dr J Sprott http://www.fuelstar.com/scientific.html to refute the Melb Uni test I linked above. Sprott might be a genius in this area for all I know, but his report appears to be purely based on his reading of other reports, not any testing of his own, which doesn't give it much scientific weight in my view, regardless of whatever his qualifications and expertise might be.

If Fuelstar were as sure of their product as they claim, and given the conflict with NZ AA and consumer protection people in my earlier link, you'd thing they'd have got an independent lab test by now.

#6 ·
A test was done in the UK some years ago on Tin based fuel additives using a Morris1100,head was taken off prior to test and was within specs and then it was run for 3000 miles in a normal driving situation, by the time the test was over it could barely idle, much less run above idle, head was removed and the exhaust valves had recessed in the head by 3 MM, if Tin based additives worked I think the oil companies would have used them a decade ago, hope this helps, regards Ford jeepman.

#7 ·
I was talking to Michael about it at OZCAP. He was saying that from what he knows they do make a difference. After reading the sheet on it though, I'm abit scepticle about anything that releases tiny pieces of alloy into the fuel flow!

#9 ·
Aussiblue said:
As good as the Hiclone.
I've seen articles on the Hiclone, apparently they are as effective as Brock's energy polariser and contain as many moving parts!

#11 ·
A few years ago my brother fitted a gizmo to his Accord that sounds like this Fuelstar thing. It was a cylindrical thing that had these blocks of grey metallic looking stuff held in the coils of a spring down the guts of it. It was "based on technology used during WWII for high performance fighter engines when hi-octane fuel became scarce" or such like.

He never noticed any change in power or fuel consumption and strangely enough his engine developed quite bad tappet noise....

#12 ·
One of the common stories that has been used by the Tin catalyst pushers is that of the tin cartridge being used to raise the octane rating of Avgas and perform the lubricating properties of tetra etheyl lead additives, the engines in question were Rolls Royce V-12 Merlin Aero engines in fighter aircraft given to the Russians to help defeat the Nazis, the Russians allegedly had no high octane Avgas(false) so the Tin catalyst was developed to enable the engines to run, unfortunatly there is no documented evidence to support the claims and the manufacturers of the engines, Rolls Royce say its all balony, so I think its a case of buyer beware, just to bore you a little more the V-12 Merlin was also built by Ford in the UK to a very high standard, regards Ford jeepman.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.