Full frame cars? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2003, 13:48   #1 (permalink)

Full frame cars?

I know didly squat about ford chassis'. I need to find a full frame car about 110 inch wheel base. Someone clue me in?

Thanks!
Ande
I_race_a_chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2003, 19:27   #2 (permalink)

Re: Full frame cars?

Thanks for all the quick replies guys!!!!!!!
good help here!

Ok, sorry I got rude....I appoligize. Maybe if I had a better screen name I would be taken more seriously. Ill explain in a new post why I am looking.

Last edited by I_race_a_chevy; 08-30-2003 at 09:34.
Old 08-29-2003, 23:57   #3 (permalink)
100 SPEED LIMITED SILVAEA

Location: gold coast and off playing with 32psi of boost pumping into 4.1lt of pure ohc feralness and developing a 350hp n/a kit for ea-au i6, also making 5.0lt gear soon enuf
Re: Re: Full frame cars?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_race_a_chevy
Thanks for all the quick replies guys!!!!!!!
good help here!

no probs mate!!!!

next time try being a bit more polite eh??

if some one knows then they will reply but if we dont we will not waste ur time now will we?

cheers.joe.

oh and welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!

1000hp is underway. rods,pistons here!! t88 on its way!!
gm dstroya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 05:30   #4 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: Full frame cars?

a Toyota landcruser, Nissan Patrol,1956 Chevy but you already knew that!
Full chasis is old tech ...Look in junk yard there maybe some old f/c cars there...didly squat you may learn something!!!
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2003, 09:49   #5 (permalink)

gm dstroya...sorry for being a little off of the friendly side in the previous post...

Here is my reasoning for looking for a full frame car.
I race dirt track. The track is 3/8 mile banked clay oval. I currently race a chevy metric car, and I donnot domminate every weekend, but I have never finished out of the top 3. There is 2 forrds that race our class out of almost 50 cars. JUST TWO! Now I know the potential of the 302 ford, and I currently run a chevy 305. and we all know what a wimp a 305 is! Being we cannot run anything other that a chev 305, or a ford 302, my options are limited.

Now the reason I want a full frame car around 110, is to be as close to the rules as I can. The rules edo state we have to have "full frame american made cars, with a 108 minimum wheel base". The two cars currently in the class are NOT competetive. I know a ford can be, becuase I truely believe the 302 is a better engine then the 305. (for power making, and racability)

I want to build a ford for one reason.....TO PROVE A POINT. This was only my second year racing ever, and both time I was leading the points. But I have been found Illegal on two small things both times, and DQ'd and lost my points. Thats a long story. But if I come out racing a ford that everyone here says is NOT competative, and kicks some arse, I will prove that its not the car.....following me?

How about some idea's ford guys.....I am NOT a ford fan. I have always liked chevy more, so I never really cared much about what ford was doing other then they build some weird, hard to work on stuff..(just my opinion!)

Thanks guys
Ande
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech