Gas tank paint - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2002, 21:55   #1 (permalink)
Proud BA XR6 Owner!

Read Gas tank paint

in my wagon i have a gas con. Now this means that the tank is where the spare normally sits.. Outside the car below the towbar is the external cover for the LPG tank (Fukd if i know what its called). its getting long in the tooth paint wise and i want to repaint it. What do i have to use, anything special???

Thanx

TOX|C
TOX|C is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2002, 22:18   #2 (permalink)

SHouldn't need any special paint as there are no real extremes of temperature. Two pack baked enamel would probably be most tresistant to stone chips and the like.

____o00o_=^..^=_o00o____
Falchoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2002, 20:22   #3 (permalink)

Paint it with anything that you like as long as the paint is not covering up anything(burnt,dent)Should be the same in each state I think.
Station-rat
station-rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2002, 04:03   #4 (permalink)

i dont think the type of paint matters, but it must be of the original colour.
a mate of mine painted his tanks black, and then got them tested for 10 year service and failed due to the colour (true story)
he then repainted them to silver, original colour and no problem.

regards jim
EXECJIM is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech