Here's my story.

I have a 1994 ED XR8 Sprint.

Factory fitment is

GT40 Cast iron heads
Cobra intake manifold
24lb Injectors
65mm Throttle mody
Bigger MAF

Basically it's a motor out of a 93 Mustang Cobra.

The car has had:
Pacemaker 4>2>1's fitted
Twin 2.5" stainless exhaust chopped at the diff.
Mechanical locker diff with 3.45s
11" Custom clutch
K&N Air filter

I recently serviced the car (oil filter, oil, air filter, fuel filter, plugs, eagle 9mm leads, timing advanced 4 degrees) and had it dynoed (on a dynojet dyno) and it pulled 224rwhp.

The thing of interest is that the air fuel ratio was 11.0 through to 11.3 on the dyno run. I want 12.5 - it's currently far too rich.

I have spoken to XR9UTE (Pete from PIE) and have been told that with a tweecer i can remap everything and set my AF ratio/timing etc. This was $8xx + tuning.

I then spoke to West Racing and was told by Tim that the tweecer does not and will not work, that the Ford EMS cannot be worked in any way, and that i would need to fit a Unichip to resolve my AF ratio issue - $1430 supply/fit/tune/driveaway. I was told by Tim that porting and cam work would do very little for my car. I was also told that i had to get new pistons to raise my compression to 10:1 as you cannot mill the heads.

I've been talking to the people on the US on the Corral forum and i'm getting even more conflicting information! Is our EEC-IV *that much* more different to theirs?!

The thread:
http://www.corral.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=282503

Basically - i plan to build another engine over a 2-3 year period.

I just simply wanted to port my heads + manifold, fit a cam, and get the car remapped to make the most of everything - to last me that 2 year period. But now i have my doubts.

Anyone been down this path?

See less See more
#2 ·
Tweecer will work, but you cant just buy them states. You need to get them from Pete as he has cracked alot of the EEC IV to make the tweecers work. Basically they need a definition file so that the tweecer know where all of the data locations are within the EEC. Tweecer is the way to go...

#3 ·
jase you're the 2nd person to suggest the Tweecer through PIE.

There may still be light at the end of the tunnel....

I was told that a camshaft (i wanted a crane 2031) would not make much difference to my car due to the EEC-IV not being able to accommodate it.

Is there anyone out there with a aftermarket cam - i know my mum's EL GT goes pretty damn hard up to 6000rpm and that has a E303...

shane.

#4 ·
Ahh you go to the same forums?? Yes Pete is the one to talk to as said on Corral..I think there is a better maf that can be fitted to your motor? Does yours have a bridge across the front? I think latter madel ones don't have that, less restrictive. Also you'll need to find out weather the maf is calibrated for 19's and changed to run 24 through eec as in the Mussy Cobra?? Thats why they where asking[Corral] what the eec was X3Z is the Mussy code. But Aus ford do change codes, but may still be similar.Check...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.