Ghia clock/trip computer
A while ago the lighting in the clock started to flicker on & off, and I asked about this in the electrical forum & one of the suggestions was the fuse was stuffed.
I changed the dash fuse, and the light worked fine for a while... then died! This turned out merely to be a coincidence, and after I gave it a bit more thought, the dash lights should've been dead too if it was this fuse.
Anyhoo, I was despserate to do anything BUT study last night, so I thought I'd pluck up the courage to pull apart the dash to get to the clock. In retrospect it was dead easy, but at the time (and it was at dusk: shit light) it was a bastard because I couldn't locate all the screws. Or, figure out which ones to take out first.
So, here's the order in which to gain access to the clock:
1) Undo screw in the cavity next to the clock.
2) Undo the left and middle screws above the dash (you might need to adjust your steering wheel so get to the middle screw if you don't have a shortened phillips head)
3) Pull the dash plastic away from where the climate control is. Behind this there is a screw in a tab at the top left of the c/c. Unscrew.
4) Unscrew the two screws above the head unit. This takes off the head unit surround (one-piece nice & easy thing)
5) This is the real bastard: There are two screws semi-hidden, vertically mounted. The right screw is literally above the volume button of the head unit (if you have a stock "premium" stereo), while the left screw is symmetrically opposite. Unscrew.
6) Pry at the panel surrounding the clock. Undo the clock wires (in a plastic pin holder), and the rear demister wires, primarily to pull the panel (& clock) out further.
7) There should be a green "thing" sticking out of the back of the clock. Turn it & pull it out. This contains a light bulb (one of the ones with a pinched glass end that slots into the green mount. Change blulb (it might take some persuasion to pull out the original) and reverse steps 1-7.
NOTE: by pulling out the clock's wires, it will reset itself. If you don't have an owner's manual, PM me or someone you know who has one in regards to resetting the time.
Mods feel free to leave this here, or to move it if you want. I put it here because it is EA-ED specific.
*Now with bright orange clock/trip computer again!* I CAN SEE
'91 EB Fairmont Ghia V8.
Pacemaker PH4000 extractors
Meaty semi-twin system
AUII XR8 t/b & maf, ELGT snorkel
BA semi-manual shifter conversion
Electronic shift kit
4.11 Hydratrak LSD
Explorer intake manifold
Contra 16x9 rims, rubber: 225(f)/245(r)
Chiptorque HP2 chip
ET: 14.78 @ 91.48mph, 137rwkw!