Got Pacemakers Installed!!! And SOme Other Question'sLONG POST - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2003, 20:04   #1 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Got Pacemakers Installed!!! And SOme Other Question'sLONG POST

Ok guys here is the rundown on the pacemakers i got installed. The bloke at Johnny macs in Geelong did a bloody good job and i recommend him to anyone. I have been to a few places for exhast jobs on oll my cars and hes definatly well priced and does a great job.

I used the same cat its 2 1/2 from extractors then on the other end of the cat its 2 1/4. Will be getting another one placed in there when money permits as its allready clocked 100,000 and i want it 2.5 all thru. Not worrying about high flow as i have learnt its not worth it. Its then connected to a 2.5 Exhaust with a high flow muffler and a resonator.

To be honest the car was louder and more annoying before i got the extractors installed now its got a nice burble to it and alot less drone. He's done a real top job with the welds and flanges.

I have not yet dissconected battery, as he allready did. Well i think he did because if hes welding he would have to. Im not 100% sure (can anyone shed any light).

My car is on Tickford lpg and ive noticed its going alot better and drive's a hell of a lot smoother. Got more power around 2800rmp mark and anywhere after that just keeps going. I havnt really tried it yet with Petrol but it seems my car is only a fraction quicker on it. Im sure the ecu runs two differant timing settings when on gas and petrol with the tickford gas running is this true.

Ok i have the te50 intake snorkel running into air box. Running standard filter and running stock pipes all the way into trottle body. I have been reading that the EF Lid is definatly the way to go as in the K & N Filter. What should i use from the box to the T/B as it has a gas connection screwed right in where the pipe meets the throttle body. Does anybody have any ideas on this or am i going to have to experiment myself. Any help here would be great???

Also i seem to belive that my car is lacking something. It seems to have a slight miss on gas and petrol just when placing the foot on the accelrator to speed up just a little and also when coming to a complete stop then when i take off and dont tramp it it seems to like miss also then take off. Im running lpg plugs and leads im using eagle LPG leads and NGK ( I thinkp thats the brand) gas plugs. Its Oil is Penrite L.P.G and has been serviced every 10,000 for its 100,000 life. I will be doing the oil every 5,000 from now on same with Oil filter just for sake of mind. Any ideas on the miss would be nice thanks.

What shall i do once i get the intake set up. Should i get the beast dyno tuned to get the most out of it or would that be a waste of time. Maybe the gas could be tuned properly i dont know also is running her on Synergy 8000 a wast of time.

All these bloody questions i have i tell yas sorry if its annoying but im really getting into getting the beast going right.

The old fuel economy looks really great now and has bumped up since i have done my exhaust around 70 km a tank and thats gas. I work it out all the time as i drive From geelong to Melbourne everyday. Hopefully ceasing soon if i can find local employment.

Also about the gas, should i get the convertor cleaned out ect. I Dont think its been touched as i cant find anything on the service books and the tickford gas maintinace books has not been touched also. Im raving on now any help guys. Greatly Appreciated and for my Grammar and Spelling forget it i suck.

Steve B
AUPS
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2003, 20:25   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Well, I've got the Pacemakers on my EB2 Half-A-Dozen and they're a pain in the butt to fit, the bolt holes hardly line up, they foul against the bell housing/block flange, and the resonance at 2500 rpm even with the stock exhaust is a bastard act! I'm chasing Pacemaker to see what the deal is because me not happy at all.

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2003, 20:35   #3 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Im sorry to hear about that Aussie Pete, Maybee a freak set you got or maybee i got a freak set that fit nice. Im happy at the moment with the whole setup. Hope everything comes out good in the end with Pacemaker keep me inforormed on what they say as none of us like paying money for something thats Fuc@*d.

Steve B
AUPS
Old 03-16-2003, 22:14   #4 (permalink)
do YOU have rubber?

That's disheartening Aussie Pete, I haven't heard of that before, most people I know seem happy with 'em, maybe you did get a dud! I'd chase that up quick-smart!
!Gn|T|0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 01:57   #5 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

i really need some help here guys.
Steve B
AUPS
Old 03-17-2003, 04:08   #6 (permalink)

I am quite happy with Pacemaker,everything lined up a they went together easy with no droning and a very nice note.
Missing is caused by plugs or leads.Change your plugs at 20,000ks NGK ZGR6B-11 work best with gas,leads can break down on AU at as little as 50,000ks use a 9mm lead at least.Ther is no reason to get the converter looked at as there is no servicing involved.The Tickford gas is controlled buy the ECU so there is not much you can do but should not need to be touched if running alright.I hope there was a misprint with your claim of 70ks out of a tank,you should get between 350-450ks/tan.
As for the air pipe to the T/B you will have to experiment.
Hope this helps
Old 03-17-2003, 13:03   #7 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Taximan

Taximan i meant i am getting an extra 70 km a tank so i am now returning around 550 a tank on highway km's with a little city driving thrown in aswell. Im pretty happy with the returns.

Also the leads and plugs were only replaced 10,000 ago and seems to have been doing it since then. I also notice the convertor making a slite noice on Wide Open Throttle it has some sort of a clicking crackly sound. Any Ideas.

I will check the leads soon and see what size they are and i will check the plugs im using they could be the problem ill post back soon.

Steve B
AUPS
Old 03-17-2003, 13:39   #8 (permalink)

Must confess have never heard a converter clicking.Then again at wide open throttle all I hear is a sweet exhuast note.The clicking you hear could be the stepping motor which is a device on the gas line between the converter and the throttle body,it has a plunger inside whuch moves up and down to regukate gasflow and they can get noisy when they are on the way out.If it is performing fine I wouldn't worry about the noise.If in doubt talk to Parnell Auto Gas as they are the authorised Ford people don/t wast your time with a Ford dealer as they know very little about gas.
Just another thought check where the gas line enters the air intake by the T/B and make sure it is an airtight seal,this can cause problems if there is an airleak here
Old 03-18-2003, 00:26   #9 (permalink)
Birth, Drift, Death...

check the plug gaps, if it has been doing it since you got the plugs and leads fitted the person that fitted them might not have gapped them - its really noticeable on the holden 5.0 if you dont gap the plugs, they idle roughly and stumble a little under light load, you might be getting the same kind of thing.

also as taximan said make sure there are no air leaks anywhere as that will stuff up the mixtures.

197.4hp at the wheels, 14.505@152.46km/h
Tuning in progress...
*CLICK TO SEE MY XR6*
I can get new Genuine Holden/Ford/Audi/Land Rover/Honda parts cheap, PM me!
Rollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 12:48   #10 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Thanks

Thanks guys i will be checking it out today at lunch.

Steve B
AUPS
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech