A Great Metal Conditioner - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2003, 07:24   #1 (permalink)

A Great Metal Conditioner

I just wanted to let everyone know about a metal conditioner that is basically setting higher standards throughout the industry. The name of it is Roil Gold and Jaguar Magazine did an article on it so I will let the article do all the talking.

http://www.jaguarmagazine.com/ttips6.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2003, 12:16   #2 (permalink)

The ultimate Snake Oil?
Old 05-18-2003, 17:48   #3 (permalink)

Well, I am a mechanical fitter by trade and I would be lying if I told you that I'm not sceptical about additives that claim to clean injectors and protect your engine. But from what I have been reading and what people are saying that have used it for a long time it all sounds good.

http://www.aboutprotection.com
Old 05-19-2003, 00:00   #4 (permalink)

Are you doing this out of the goodness of your heart, or are you trying to sell something?
Old 05-19-2003, 00:31   #5 (permalink)

There mate I fixed it for you. If you look closely at the Jaguar article at the bottom it tells you that you can get hold of it thru them. Also you can get hold of it thru the guy on the About Protection site. So if I was that worried about it why would I direct u to those sites.
But tell me if there was something out there that sounds like a good thing would u want to know about it?
Old 05-19-2003, 01:18   #6 (permalink)
Lamahs approve of manuals

Sounds interesting Danni, but I think people are just skeptical about these sorts of things - especially stuff on the net, and also stuff that's only available through "special" people and places . . . brings back memories of too many pyramid scheme's / amway etc ( not that some of amways products aren't good ).

Its just wierd its not promoted more widely - if its as good as it says, I would have thought it should be in stores and making real cash . . . *shrugs*

The only other worry for me is the other sutff the company sells

http://www.ineways.com/products/roiltreatment.htm

Weird array of gear !

Has anyone else actually tried the Roil?
Old 05-19-2003, 01:59   #7 (permalink)

Trust me I am the biggest skeptic out there. I don't use Roil at the moment and I dont have any. I have been hearing about Roil for about 6 months and how good it is supposed to be but before I will use anything like that I want to know everything about it. So I bought the Roil manual and the Queensland University of Technology tests so I could find out for myself.
The Falex test says it all, when Mobil1 was first tested the lubricant broke down at 2250lbf, when Roil was added the result was 4500lbf+ and that is because the machine only registers to 4500lbf. So no one actually knows at what force the lubricant breaks down with Roil added. To me that was a huge selling point.
To explain about Neways please read what I have written here
Breast Cancer.... An Important issue

They make pruducts that don't have any hidden bad chemicals and as for not having it in any shops, they would rather sell it by word of mouth because it is so successful for them.
Try this link it may give you a bit of an idea
http://www.neways.com.au/

TopGhia to answer your question I did it so that people can find out about something new and I will be selling it because from what I have found out so far I don't think there is anything out there that can match it for price and performance.
Here are a couple of people who use it.
http://www.aussieinvader.com/neways199.html
ftp://www.neways.com.au/pub/sponsors...terarticle.pdf
I hope that has explained it a bit better, its a personal choice and isn't for everyone but if you do want more info just let me know:)
Old 05-20-2003, 17:56   #8 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

You say at 2250lbf the Mobil 1 broke down, but how much force is actually being exerted on the oil in a normal engine operating environment.

If it as at most 1500lbf, then whats the use of increasing the force it can handle ???

Does anyone know....

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Old 05-23-2003, 19:37   #9 (permalink)

What is the active ingredient?
I have been using Molybdenum Disulphide and I think it has prevented some damage when there was trouble.
I bought another product containing Teflon and it seems to have made the engine quieter and smoother. It was on special at a much reduced price.
The problem is that they are very expensive and may not be cost effective.
Is this product different and how much does it cost?
Old 05-23-2003, 20:54   #10 (permalink)
Oversized Ben

i have been running roil in my car since i got it, 18months now.

my old man put me on to it, he drives for a living as a courier for couriers please. and he hasn't had any mech problems since he started using it on his last 2 vans.

great stuff.

IMO

ben
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech