Headlights - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 19:27   #1 (permalink)

Question Headlights

I was told that you can repair faided headlights. My headlights are made of plastic lens from NF Fairlane advice on this would be greatly appreciated.
charlenesbeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2007, 19:43   #2 (permalink)
Always the student

Re: Headlights

I know someone who used 1000 grit sandpaper to wet sand the lens and followed up with some polishing compound with a high speed polisher. I have not tried it personally, so doing so would definately be at your own risk. I would wait for a reply from someone with first hand experience with cleaning the lens.
thefonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 04:49   #3 (permalink)

Thanks i will wait i was told something similar want more info on it.
charlenesbeaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 08:02   #4 (permalink)

If you're talking about the actual lights, then I have no idea, but if you are talking about the case, or whatever its called, the plastic bit that is flush with the body, then yes you can. Just go to Supercheap Auto, or wherever sells sandpaper, and get heaps of the black wet and dry sandpaper (which I think is the highest grit you can get from retail stores). Do the lights, and it's probably best not to wet the paper, it gets more abrasive if you do. Then buff them off with some cut and polish and voila, they should look like new, but I think that in the sun, if you haven't done it perfectly you will see marks. Best to just get after market/new sets off eBay. Should set you back about $250 for both headlights I'm guessing.
lowndes888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech