Heater - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2003, 16:51   #1 (permalink)

Heater

OK guys, I wonder if any of you can help me out?

I am after a new foam/rubber surround for the heater core in my XB. It is for a factory aircon system, so its a bit different to the standard heater core. Does anyone know where I might be able to get a new one of these surrounds?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2003, 01:14   #2 (permalink)
Look! A flying orangutan!

Try Selley's All-clear???

Pacemaker headers + 2.5" exhaust
EF Fairmont interior
MP3 player
Lowered King springs
5 speed manual
EF motor

Newest mod: EF Ghia wiring loom and dash
mongrelEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2003, 02:33   #3 (permalink)

Try a packaging retailer.
steed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 00:06   #4 (permalink)

Thanks for that. I think i'll just try making up something from a block of foam. I would like it if i could find the proper surround for the core, but for a car thats 27 years old, i'm lucky to find anything good to use!
If worst case I cant make up something i might just have to use a sealer like selly's.
Thanks for your suggestions....
Old 04-01-2003, 01:00   #5 (permalink)

I work for Air International and build AirCon/Heater boxes for Holden we use Closed Cell Foam to pack the heater core in. If you do not get a good seal your heating capacity will be reduced quite drastically.
The foam we use is self adhesive, not sure where you would get it from in shepparton, but I have heaps here in Adelaide.
Old 04-01-2003, 16:05   #6 (permalink)

do you guys make them up to just put around the core and slot it into the heater box like the originals? If so, would you be able to make up one for the XB heater core for the factory aircon setup? and how much? Or is it more like strips of foam that you just wrap around the core?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech