Heater displacement motor broken - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2004, 17:30   #1 (permalink)

Heater displacement motor broken

The heater hasn't been working in the old man's 95 EF Fairmont for a while, he took it to an auto electrition today & they quoted him $650 to have the dash completely taken out etc to replace this $220 part, its a little motor which opens and closes the flaps or something which allow more or less hot air through.

My question is how difficult is the job, i have the gregory's manual which explains how to take the dash completely out, can anyone tell me what else needs to be done to replace this motor & can i save the old man $400 in labour by doing the job ourselves?

Thanx for any help.. Cheers.
tickfordghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2004, 18:23   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: Heater displacement motor broken

as qouted you have to remove the whole dash, not a hard job really, just dismantle the dash to pull it out as per the manual, replace the part, throw it all back the way it came out, I have done my ea several times (not alot of diff to the EF really), easily a job done in a weekend.

Jason

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 22:59   #3 (permalink)

Hmm th old man wont put the time aside, he "would rather go to work and earn the money" oh well his loss. Is there anyone is the newcastle area who'd do this job for less than $400 labour?
tickfordghia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2004, 23:36   #4 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

If i was in newcastle i would help, its also a matter of finding some one who has done it before to make it quick and easy, guessing the first time makes it a long process, set aside 2 days, start sat morning, you may need sunday as well, penidng how well it all goes and how long you want to work per day.

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech