Ford Forums banner

Heater displacement motor broken

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dellboy999 
#1 ·
The heater hasn't been working in the old man's 95 EF Fairmont for a while, he took it to an auto electrition today & they quoted him $650 to have the dash completely taken out etc to replace this $220 part, its a little motor which opens and closes the flaps or something which allow more or less hot air through.

My question is how difficult is the job, i have the gregory's manual which explains how to take the dash completely out, can anyone tell me what else needs to be done to replace this motor & can i save the old man $400 in labour by doing the job ourselves?

Thanx for any help.. Cheers.

#2 ·
as qouted you have to remove the whole dash, not a hard job really, just dismantle the dash to pull it out as per the manual, replace the part, throw it all back the way it came out, I have done my ea several times (not alot of diff to the EF really), easily a job done in a weekend.

Jason

#4 ·
If i was in newcastle i would help, its also a matter of finding some one who has done it before to make it quick and easy, guessing the first time makes it a long process, set aside 2 days, start sat morning, you may need sunday as well, penidng how well it all goes and how long you want to work per day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.