Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2004, 01:28   #1 (permalink)

Help

hi all ..hopefully someone will know an answer to my problem ..

94 xg falcon panelvan .

i was driving along today and all the needles (speedo, rev, gas, alternator etc on the dash started flicking up and down, lasted for about 5 seconds then i turned the lights off and all the needles just went down, as if the car wasnt going, all the dash lights went out, the only light still on was my smartlock flashing and the dash seems to think my car isnt on or somthing, no lights come on when i turn the ignition on but it still starts.

another thing it does is when its in drive it wont change gear, it will just sit only in 3rd gear and now wont change into 4th at all. also my indercators dont work now.

all this has happend since when the dash went mental at me.

im wondering if its caused by the ignition been hotwired and having to leave the igniton on for 30 mins b4 i start it as its got smartlock ( altho its been hotwired for a few months now)

thanks 4 reading and if u have any idea what it could be please reply
fordpwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2004, 04:02   #2 (permalink)
Falcon 2.. Ferrari 0 hehe

Re: Help

alternator stuffed...

only thints that are hard wired to the battery will work... things wired up to alternator wont work (indicators, brake lights, dash blah blah) headlights, hazards, horn should all work...

if thta so, replace ur alternator

i had mine go at albert park, ona fri night, went through chapel with no alt and all the way to noble park, no brake lights, indicators and all lol

XE Fairmont Ghia... Silver/Grey Met over black, soon to be v8, cant wait till i get another v8, after 3 LONG HARD YEARS

http://home.iprimus.com.au/diablo_vt/xeesp.swf
MaD_WoG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech