Ford Forums banner

Help!! Au 1 Xr8 Adaptive Shift

9K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  Casper 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone could help me with some information on the Au Xr Series "Adaptive Shift".

Wondering how you change it in and out of "Performance/Normal Mode", I had heard that it was something ridiculas like having the key on accesorys and moving the auto selector with cobinations of blinkers or something....

Can anyone help me! Plz!!!!!

P.s. The car in question is a Ford Falcon Au 1 Xr8 Auto with the police modifications...

Cheers
Evan

#3 ·
The process for changing modes on the xr adaptive shift autos is as follows.

1 = Performance Mode
2 = Economy Mode
3 = Adaptive Shift Mode

To change the mode place the gear lever in the the desired gear (1 per 2 econ 3 adaptive)
Turn the key to acc.
Wait for the airbag light to go off then shift the lever up to reverse.

the econ light should flash 3 times to signal a sucessful mode change.
Then just place the shifter in park and start it up.
Thats out of my owners manual as well.

My thoughts on this process IT SUCKS.
Adaptive shift takes to long to adapt to you driving style
Econ sucks cause if you are on the hwy and want to over take some thing it will only drop back 1 gear when it can drop back 2 in other modes.
Performance mode is where mine stays the shifts are firmer but not that bad when you are babying it. And when you put you foot down it goes back through the gears as far as it can and gets up and goes.

#4 ·
Yeah, what sylox said.

I'll also just add that if you wanna know what mode you're in when you start the car you can look at the 'econ' indicator in the LCD. Every time you turn the ignition on, if you're in economy mode, the 'econ' indicator will light up and stay that way. If you're in performance mode, the 'econ' indicator will light up briefly and then go off. If in Adaptive mode, you won't see the 'econ' indicator at all.

EvilChief - there are actually only 5 maps in the adaptive program. When you manually set performance or economy modes, it just fixes it in map 1 or 5.

Steve.

#9 ·
Cheers sylox, not my car but its my dads which makes it mine and ive been trying to find out how to do that for ages i know when we got it it was in pwr mode but dad found sum1 to take it out fuk it was qwicker then, and it will be now :D:D

Cheers again people
-Evan
p.s. will post pics of the best soon

#14 ·
Casper said:
I dont have a "P" on my dash either. In the AU1 there is no way to know if it worked until you drive and feel how its changing.

greetings Casper
doesnt the AU 1 have a display on the dash to tell you what gear it is in or is that only the series 2

regards
rod

#15 ·
hey rod, no, no display at all. Theres nothing to tell you it has changed modes...until you drive it.

Supa ROO, the performance is "better" but not really any faster. The shifts are harder and it holds the gear, even at 1/4 throttle, almost to the red line. Basically, unless your really gentle, your going to rev to at least 4000rpm in every gear before it changes. It's also very keen to kick back 1, 2 or even 3 gears. Nail it at 50kph and you'll find youself in 1st very quickly!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.