Ford Forums banner

HELP in buying an EF ?

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  XR8 Lamah 
#1 ·
ok , so i found this nice looking EF. Basic rundown is 4spd auto , 174,000km, burgundy , air , p/steer, ABS, lowered , it has what looks to be yellow kings springs , has ROH rims not ugly cheap ones , EF XR spoiler , Moffat style side skirts , has had bonnet and two quater panels re-sparyed due to last attempt being a cheapy, has been ok'd for a full RAA inspection tbd and is only $6999 .. any thoughts on why? i mean RAA or my mechanic if i go that way should pick up on any problems shouldnt they ? and if so what in particular was a problem with EF falcons that i mite look out for or ask the dealer? is $7000 a good price for the description , depending on what i can do i mite rip off my pacemakers and redback zorst and whack it on the EF .. if i cant get a better offer than say the 1000-1500 max the dealer offered as trade. anyway back to the topic .. also what would an auto EF with a zorsty set up run like performance wise ?

#2 ·
Performance wise
The EF will have heaps more go from standstill than your old car. They did do mid 8 sec for 0-100km/h and high 15 quater mile.

when i had a RAC inspection on my first car, they missed heaps of stuff. Blown head being the major one :doh: So check it over yourself. EFs arent too bad with their heads, and i cant thoink of any other major problem areas, other than heating/cooling bit. the 4spd can be a bit dodgy sometimes too.
If its looked over well, and theres nothing major, it sounds alright to me. EFs have dropped heaps in value recently

#3 ·
Has it had a front end hit ? (bonnet and quarter panels resprayed - why orginally?)
Check the A/C and that drives straight, and see if the tyres are showing any odd wear characteristics...

Otherwise, double check all the normal stuff, shockers ok, oil ok (no coolant in it), coolant ok, tranny shifts ok (doesn't bang it through), head looks ok, oil leaks, odd noises etc etc. And double check that you can get insurance for it being lowered etc.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.