HELP: Front spoiler scratch just under front - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2004, 17:25   #1 (permalink)

frown HELP: Front spoiler scratch just under front

Got my car windows tinted on my 6 month old xr 6 i bought throught private sales. the guy i bought it off was immaculate with it. Not a stone chip on it.
I took it to tint a car in north melbourne, and they did a great job of the windows and a $25 better price than anywhere else, but now im concerned one of the guys bottomed out the front end as they backed it out of the drive way of the business to park it.

Now im not 100% sure they did it, but it wasnt there 2 days ago, they had it for the day and then i noticed the scratch that night. It is very had to see, front spoiler on the cusp of underneath, but visible if u look at the car anyway.

Now last night my girlfriend and i drove to the place, thinking if there was blue paint on the gutter near the work ii could approach them about it.
Couldnt see the paint, but the gutter is the exact hieght of the clearance, so im positive it was done in their postion - but no proof. Should i ring them to question it? or forget about it. I got touch up paint, which makes it harder to see, but there are a still few Gratting scratches on under spoiler.

I know its anal, but when you buy a car in immaculate condition, you dont expect the NON-OWNER to be the first to f*** it up !

Any quick tips on how to sand it down, what sandpaper to use, should i just paint brush it? will it need a primer?

or should i put the little bottle of paint with some thinner and use a tiny aerosol spray to fix it.

Any advice would be great,

Thanks Dan[/B]
50cent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2004, 20:02   #2 (permalink)
efmont

Re: HELP: Front spoiler scratch just under front

I drive a Ba GLS ute and the spoiler is just about ripped off it after only 20 thou. In my opinion they are too low for practical day to day use. Half the driveways I use and almost all of the parking bay blocks rub on this thing. I'm not going to spend my life worrying about a spoiler , it's a car and has to be able to be used in my world. Anyway that first scratch is always the hard one, now you can just enjoy driving it
Old 06-12-2004, 20:21   #3 (permalink)

I feel your pain, my EF has a ba front bar on it, sitting lower then a lowered BA it has major clearance issues and has scraped a lot.
I wouldn't bother, it was always going to happen sooner then later, if its not able to be seen easily, just leave it, otherwise just touch it up... not worht the trouble.
1995 EF II Falcon GLi: Heritage Green, 4spd Auto, AUII 17" Rims, Custom BA Front Bar, Lowered, Gas Research LPG, Clear Indicators, JVC MP3 Headunit, Phoenix Gold 6.5" Splits, Coustic 481QE Amp, Clarion 12" sub, Leather Seats, Power Window Conversion, 3.45 LSD, Pacemaker Comp Extractors, 2.5" Exhaust, Mandrel Bent Intake, High Flow Filter, Wade 1004 110 cam.

In Progress: BA XR Side Skirts, BA XR Rear bar, BA Shifter Handle.

Want your EF on effalcon.com? Drop me a PM!
E-Series Club Stickers Here!

E-Series Moderator/Membership Officer/Webmaster/Cruise Official
EFFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 23:33   #4 (permalink)
.au member

If you havent got any rock-hard proof that it was them that'll make it difficult, however that shouldnt exactly stop you from letting them know you're not happy about it. Perhaps even just mentioning to them that their driveway is a bit rough and some care when driving other people's cars would be appreciated might be worth doing. I know that when I got my car back from a mechanics, I kicked up a MAJOR stink simply because they hadnt even bothered to put down the paper floor mats and thus my brand new Ford mats (cost me $80) were now coated in sh!t from their boots. Ended up getting new mats out of it, simply because I was quite happy to demonstrate to them that i was not pleased, and the biggest killer of a business is a bad reputation.
Old 06-13-2004, 01:56   #5 (permalink)
HORNY LITTLE ANIMAL

Agree somewhat with back2thefutura... whilst there may not be much use in pursuing some kind of justice it is important to let them know that an incident has occurred, it appears it was due to their lack of care and that they should take care to ensure that their customers aren't place in a position where their property is treated with less regard than than the customer. Maybe invite them to consider what could be done to ease your distress and see what they do. At the very least you will get much of it off you chest and hear less of that little voice in the back of your mind telling you that you should have said something.

I recently had an experience with an exhaust place scratching the buggery out of my upper intake (fu*ks me how) and leaving the engine bay in a mess. Whilst they were too innately stupid to give a sh*t I did give myself the opportunity to at least feel content in the fact that I took the high ground and raised the issue.
AUGhiaV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech