help help help rear seat removal - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2004, 03:12   #1 (permalink)

help help help rear seat removal

hey got my car today, NC fairlane ghia, pics to come , i been giving it a reall good clean and and as with every new car in the family we take the rear seat out and vacuum it as well as find quite a few dollars and one time even a game boy game. Only problem is my dad and i have tried gettin the rear seat out and it just won't come out. its probably written in my owners guide but cant be bothered finding it. So my question is how do you remove the rear seats? whats the trick
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2004, 04:50   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Re: help help help rear seat removal

There is either bolts on the bottom or you need to push it back and up..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 04:59   #3 (permalink)
XR82GO

Yep thats it.

About 20cm in from either side of the base for the back seat there will be a clip/latch thingy. Push the base rearwards and then when it wont go any furthur back lift up. Once you have both the base clips free you will be able to lift the front of the seat upwards and pull the seat out of the rear clips. If for some reason you then want the back of the seat out the sides are clipped in and the folding backs are attached by bolts that youll have to undo at the bottom...

Hope that helps you

sylox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2004, 17:14   #4 (permalink)

thx, probably try tomorrow after my rear window is re-tinted
Quote:
<mrmkII> a tick bit my nuts!!!!
FordFan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2004, 04:33   #5 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

what i did was get a hammer and a piece of wood, pushed the wood up to the clip hit the wood and pop the seat is out with 2 simple bangs

instalation is the reversal from instalation

Mods to come: 2.5'' lukey cat-back mandrel bent exhaust with 1 resonator and 1 straight thru muffler, EF cam, Clear indicatros all round, AU3 XR snorkel, 17" Keizzer rims, EDxr front,12"sub,sports wheel

In Progress: EF door trims

Pics Here: www.edwagon.tk
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech