Ford Forums banner

Help with lincoln to mercury engine swap wiring

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Freshmeat 
#1 ·
Ive done a very unusual swap out. I put a High output 5.0 302 out of a 88 lincoln Mark Vll into a 1979 mercury monarch. My friends all say Im nucking futs. It looks just like a ford granada. The wiring has been a nightmare. I took the EFI off because of it. I'm a little slow and I sure would appreciate some help. I'm trying to wire in the 5.0 distributer to the 79 merc harness. If I succeed I have a feeling it will run pretty good. I put a EDELBROCK performer rpm intake with a 600 Holley carb on top. If I can get this TFI wired in I think it will give me even a little more power. I already have a duraspark electronic Ignition box that came with the six banger that was in the car. I wish the distributer off the six would work. Can anyone please shed a little light on this monster of mine?? Thank you BOB.L

#2 ·
Bob Lewis said:
Ive done a very unusual swap out. I put a High output 5.0 302 out of a 88 lincoln Mark Vll into a 1979 mercury monarch. My friends all say Im nucking futs. It looks just like a ford granada. The wiring has been a nightmare. I took the EFI off because of it. I'm a little slow and I sure would appreciate some help. I'm trying to wire in the 5.0 distributer to the 79 merc harness. If I succeed I have a feeling it will run pretty good. I put a EDELBROCK performer rpm intake with a 600 Holley carb on top. If I can get this TFI wired in I think it will give me even a little more power. I already have a duraspark electronic Ignition box that came with the six banger that was in the car. I wish the distributer off the six would work. Can anyone please shed a little light on this monster of mine?? Thank you BOB.L
Use the ignition box, coil, and distributor from the Mercury and you shouldn't have too much trouble. If anything, score a MSD ignition box on eBay and use that, since it's a universal fit and you can get Ford harnesses to use on it if that makes sense.

Keep us updated on your progress!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.