Help with lincoln to mercury engine swap wiring - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 22:31   #1 (permalink)

Help with lincoln to mercury engine swap wiring

Ive done a very unusual swap out. I put a High output 5.0 302 out of a 88 lincoln Mark Vll into a 1979 mercury monarch. My friends all say Im nucking futs. It looks just like a ford granada. The wiring has been a nightmare. I took the EFI off because of it. I'm a little slow and I sure would appreciate some help. I'm trying to wire in the 5.0 distributer to the 79 merc harness. If I succeed I have a feeling it will run pretty good. I put a EDELBROCK performer rpm intake with a 600 Holley carb on top. If I can get this TFI wired in I think it will give me even a little more power. I already have a duraspark electronic Ignition box that came with the six banger that was in the car. I wish the distributer off the six would work. Can anyone please shed a little light on this monster of mine?? Thank you BOB.L
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2005, 07:41   #2 (permalink)

Re: Help with lincoln to mercury engine swap wiring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Lewis
Ive done a very unusual swap out. I put a High output 5.0 302 out of a 88 lincoln Mark Vll into a 1979 mercury monarch. My friends all say Im nucking futs. It looks just like a ford granada. The wiring has been a nightmare. I took the EFI off because of it. I'm a little slow and I sure would appreciate some help. I'm trying to wire in the 5.0 distributer to the 79 merc harness. If I succeed I have a feeling it will run pretty good. I put a EDELBROCK performer rpm intake with a 600 Holley carb on top. If I can get this TFI wired in I think it will give me even a little more power. I already have a duraspark electronic Ignition box that came with the six banger that was in the car. I wish the distributer off the six would work. Can anyone please shed a little light on this monster of mine?? Thank you BOB.L
Use the ignition box, coil, and distributor from the Mercury and you shouldn't have too much trouble. If anything, score a MSD ignition box on eBay and use that, since it's a universal fit and you can get Ford harnesses to use on it if that makes sense.

Keep us updated on your progress!

My Garage
Freshmeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech