help with ventilation system vacuum tubes - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2002, 23:33   #1 (permalink)
hank

help with ventilation system vacuum tubes

Can someone offer a little advice please?

Had to pull out the dashboard on my EB to replace A/C evaporator. Not a nice job.

Got it back in and hooked up all the plastic tubes for the air vents, except for two. There is one black and one purple/mauve coming from the right hand side of driver's footwell, they are bound together at one point, and I can't remember or find where they go to. There is no obvious empty receptacle for them in the centre switching unit as if so I would hear the vacuum hiss. They also seem too short to reach there so who knows where they go?

The local Ford dealer service guy was completely uninterested.

Anyone got the schematic diagram, or parts diagram maybe, or just knows the system well enough to help?

Thanks,
Hank
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2002, 04:36   #2 (permalink)
NB & NCII V8 Fairlanes

If not factory fitted black goes between heater case (ten point fitting) and the engine bay vaccuum fitting. Purple to RH footwell duct (or vacuum reservoir) to heater case (10 way fitting). If factory fitted they're the wrong colour. However, there is often non compliance with the color coding in the manual; where do they come from? What number connection in the 10 way plug?
Old 12-09-2002, 22:23   #3 (permalink)
hank

Ta Blue,

They are factory I think. Purple seems to be a flap valve cos I sucked on it and it feels like that. Black is the reservoir in the wheel arch. The length of tubes is really only enough to go past the steering column, not far above the brakepedal, they can't reach the 10 way at the heater case fitting or the switch unit.

I'm stumped!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech