Hi im new and wondering about a few things - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2002, 04:27   #1 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Smile Hi im new and wondering about a few things

Hi all how r u guys and girls. I have a eb series 2 and the only mods that i have done to it is a 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust from the cat back. Im allways looking for car stuff on the net and i finnaly come onto this site at least i have found a FORD site YAY. Well im in the Geelong area and was wondering if anybody else on here is from geelong. I am interested in joining a club but i cant find any at all maybee somebody could push me in the right direction. Also i have been looking at a few mods and prices and so on i have a brother in law with eb the same as mine with turbo i cant rember the pound boost but hes flying the things a bloody killer. Enough about his car coz i dont have it heheh anyways i was on this autospeed site there really holden oriantated anyways they did a article on a guy that tunes the ford 3.9 and 4.0 litre engine. They claimed that they thought this guy was full of crap with his mods until they took one of his moded cars for a drive. He does 6 differant stages on these 4 litre motors i think the first ones about $900 and the last up to about $4000. Hes got a dyno there and test and backs everthing he does. I think the forst mods will make your car run about the same as a tickford xr6 without vct and the last up to about 175 kw at wheels. There is a mod in there for $2000 that i want to get its comes a cam extractors set up right 2/12 inch mandrel air filter new spark plugs and a few other things tuned and dynoed. thats mods about number 3 i think and its the last mod before he takes the head off so there is no head work done yet and he promises 130kw to 140kw rear wheel. I rang him about a week ago and he sounds legitimut and has warranty. Hes out in mildura at the moment and moving to melbourne in 3 weeks. He told me he has been working on these motors for about 6 months everyday and night to find the right combination of exhaust extractors ect. He also doesnt change your chip its all just motor mods. Now what do u guys think should i go ahead with this $2000 mod he promises 130 to 140 rear wheels and thats just a bit faster that a 220 kw tickford xr8. Thats bloody good dollars for power. Any info please would be really helpfull

From Steve Barrett
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-28-2002, 04:34   #2 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Welcome Buddy!! The performance bug hit you too ha?
You are at the right place for a Ford nut esp a performance
one.. Have fun...
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 04:36   #3 (permalink)

Re: Hi im new and wondering about a few things

Quote:
Originally posted by ebIISIXA
Hi all how r u guys and girls. I have a eb series 2 and the only mods that i have done to it is a 2 1/2 inch mandrel bent exhaust from the cat back. Im allways looking for car stuff on the net and i finnaly come onto this site at least i have found a FORD site YAY. Well im in the Geelong area and was wondering if anybody else on here is from geelong. I am interested in joining a club but i cant find any at all maybee somebody could push me in the right direction. Also i have been looking at a few mods and prices and so on i have a brother in law with eb the same as mine with turbo i cant rember the pound boost but hes flying the things a bloody killer. Enough about his car coz i dont have it heheh anyways i was on this autospeed site there really holden oriantated anyways they did a article on a guy that tunes the ford 3.9 and 4.0 litre engine. They claimed that they thought this guy was full of crap with his mods until they took one of his moded cars for a drive. He does 6 differant stages on these 4 litre motors i think the first ones about $900 and the last up to about $4000. Hes got a dyno there and test and backs everthing he does. I think the forst mods will make your car run about the same as a tickford xr6 without vct and the last up to about 175 kw at wheels. There is a mod in there for $2000 that i want to get its comes a cam extractors set up right 2/12 inch mandrel air filter new spark plugs and a few other things tuned and dynoed. thats mods about number 3 i think and its the last mod before he takes the head off so there is no head work done yet and he promises 130kw to 140kw rear wheel. I rang him about a week ago and he sounds legitimut and has warranty. Hes out in mildura at the moment and moving to melbourne in 3 weeks. He told me he has been working on these motors for about 6 months everyday and night to find the right combination of exhaust extractors ect. He also doesnt change your chip its all just motor mods. Now what do u guys think should i go ahead with this $2000 mod he promises 130 to 140 rear wheels and thats just a bit faster that a 220 kw tickford xr8. Thats bloody good dollars for power. Any info please would be really helpfull

From Steve Barrett
Yeah I was thinking about his engine packages also, but I want the 175RWKW package which is just over $4000.:s6: :s6:
Ill be looking at doing it within the next couple of months, but first I want to drive his EF test mule.
1993 EBII Fairmont (Now wrecking, PM if you want any parts)
1988 Nissan R31 Skyline
Martin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 05:01   #4 (permalink)
a vile merchant

hi ebIIsixa welcome to the forums. I'm from geelong too tho i don't know of any clubs either...

As for your engine mods you already have the exhaust done. So basically all that guy can offer you is the extractors and cam. If i were you i'd just grab a set of HMs for your car they come with a hi-flow cat attached. Then call Crow Cams they make some good grinds for the 4L that will work with a stock ECU...

also remember that guys power claims are for manual tranmission cars and also probably for EF-onwards cars which have a better intake and probably a few other differences to have 157kW stock.
PigDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2002, 05:15   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Here's the victorian site for the xr club..www.xrclub.com.au
To my knowledge you don't need an xr just a FORD...hth..
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech