Hiclone - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2001, 14:19   #1 (permalink)

Hiclone

i own an EFII XR6. I was wondering if the hiclone will help the car run any better?? Anyone know how much they cost?
xr6digga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2001, 14:59   #2 (permalink)

I BOUGHT A HICLONE A FEW MONTHS AGO FOR $160 I CAN SEND YOU THE ADRESS &PH NO IF YOU NEED IT POWERWISE DIDN'T REALLY NOTICE MUCH DIFFERENCE BUT IMPROVED FUEL ECONOMY A LITTLE BIT. JIMBO.
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 17:32   #3 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Agree with Jim, on my previous car (EL XR6) it made it feel a bit more responsive and I noticed improved fel economy.
Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 04:17   #4 (permalink)

I've visited the Hiclone page too.
The Guy didn.t realy say WHERE to mount the hiclone though.

On my EF i've moded the inlet pipes to EL spec. Where did you guys mount the Hiclone & would you reccomend one ?

Also, has anyone tried the extra air hose from the bumper air scoop into the bottom of the air box trick ? If so does it work & is it worth it ? (Saw the "how to do it" on the other part of this website....
redwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 14:37   #5 (permalink)
100MPH Hunter

I own an AUII XR8 and have notice a considerable improvement in the fuel economy, how is over 710km per tank with just 8800km's on the clock. Trip computer showed another 44km's to go.
TwinPiston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 15:17   #6 (permalink)
Dennis

How are you guys getting ANY improvement from a piece of junk that sits in the inlet, constricting airflow? There is no way thermodynamically that a hiclone can work as advertised.

Dennis
Old 06-19-2001, 16:17   #7 (permalink)
Wigman

What is a Hiclone?
Old 06-19-2001, 17:55   #8 (permalink)

wigman, hiclone is a smallcylinder that sits inside the air inlet tube. it has fins inside shaped sort of like a aircraft wing. there sposed to swirl the air entering the inlet manifold resulting in better combustion.i put mine about halfway along just after the ribbed elbow part. maker claims 3kw haven't been to dyno yet but as i'm after every kw i can get (aren't we all) i thought i'd try it out. cost $160 .
jimmantgaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 18:04   #9 (permalink)
Officially Bored with 347

Ok gentlemen&ladies
Not to step on anyones toes but im tending to agree with dennis.How can this give you more?? i understand what it is,where it goes & what it does to the incoming air flow but..... as it enters the intake plenum it has to turn around to enter the separate intake runners this is where it looses velocity & any spiralling force.
What id like to see at the mouth of "each" runner is something like this product therefore as it enters the chambers its already causing a spiralling effect.. good for flow & air/fuel mixture Am i right to think this??!!
svo347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2001, 12:44   #10 (permalink)
Copyright �2003

Maybe it's a bit like Peter Brooks little crystal box.

But I do have to say it DID make a difference to my previous car. I've got some dyno figures done before and after, if I can find them. Off the top of my head it was about 3 or 4kw. Can't prove the fuel savings except to say that I felt I was getting better fuel economy after it was fitted.

BTW, here's the website and a pic of it (it's the small one on the right).
http://www.hiclone.com.au/whatis.htm

Grunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech