High Flow O'ring BOSH injectors - Are they worth the $$$ - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2003, 18:05   #1 (permalink)
Insane By Nature

Question High Flow O'ring BOSH injectors - Are they worth the $$$

Iím just curious if anyone has had any experience with the High Flow O'ring BOSH injectors or spoken to anyone who has. My main question is "Are they worth the money?Ē Considering Iím looking at $80 for a 22lb Injector and around $200 for a 160lb injector (thatís each, not a set) I would at least like to know if they actually improve performance to any great extent. If not, maybe I will just go with a standard brand name injector.

Anyways, if you want to know what car there going into itís an EB II.

Any comments on them would be appreciated.

Thanx,
Defective User
defective is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2003, 19:06   #2 (permalink)
Senior Events Moderator

Whats wrong with the old injectors? Have your tried getting them bathed in some special stuff. I think its ultrasonic solution or something maybee someone else can she the light. Im guessing you are not going to gain anything unless you change the fuel pump. And then i dont think it will give you much more either unless it was a turbo setup that needs the extra fuel and injectors size to deliver enough fuel to mix with the air.
im rambling on i just recon get the standard injectors as you wouldnt notice much of a differance if any

Steve B
AUPS
AU1SIXA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 19:13   #3 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

The high-flow injectors are only worth it if your engine is modified enough to warant it. The stock 22lb injectors are probably good for around 220kw, after that, you will need more fuel. If you use higher flowing injectors, you also have to change your EEC programming to suit those injectors and probably the fuel pressure as well.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2003, 23:43   #4 (permalink)
Insane By Nature

Thumbs up

Ahh, so the stock are 22lb then? Handy to know, didnít even think of looking that up.

In response to Steve; having your injectors ultrasonically bathed actually does them more harm then good. Back in the days when standard injectors would costing around $80 to $100 each to replace then ultrasonic cleaning was the way to go; but now with how cheap injectors are (around $20 each for some cheaper brands) you might as well just replace them straight out. Thanx for the idea anyway.

And thanx EDXR8; if the standards are 22lb then ill just stick with the standards, maybe replace them with a brand name injector and forget about the high flows; it doesnít sound worth it for the setup (well for now anyways) especially if itíll mean an EEC reprogram. Maybe Iíll just wack a new fuel pump on it to.
Old 05-06-2003, 00:53   #5 (permalink)
Two SC 61's = trouble

Whats the #'s on the side of the injector?
Passengers, myocardial infarction material..
R.I.P Possum...
ebxr8240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 02:10   #6 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

I don't know what the stock ones are rated at. I miss-read your initial post and thought you said the stock ones were 22lb, but you didn't. I have never heard of the 6cyl's needing higher flowing injectors until they are turboed or blown.
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2003, 05:59   #7 (permalink)
Insane By Nature

Thumbs up

Youíre probably right. I personally canít see that much of a benefit from having high flows. If the engine can get enough fuel from the standards then adding high flows could make things worse. Guess they are only really a substitute for fitting 2 lines of injectors per cylinder when the car has been turboed. I was only trying to figure out if thatís the point of them, or if they would be beneficial on a non turbo setup. As you can imagine, store assistants are absolutely no help when asked ďIs your most expensive product worth it for my car?Ē as they will always answer ďYes!Ē Fitting a new fuel pump and some standard BOSH injectors may help with restoring performance so that the car can handle other mods a bit better.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:25   #8 (permalink)
Hanging Around

I thought stocks were 18#

There is a website around somewhere with a huge list of P/N, coulors, flow ratings and working pressure for injectors, i'll see if i can dig it up

I was running bosch blues (dunno the part number, but if anyone wants it, i'll go look under the bonnet) with the standard EEC without any probs with the standard cam.

Soon as i put another cam in, taking off from a set of lights would result in choking everybody with black smoke behind me (due to decreased vacuum)
so my point is if your car has a cam, do not run bigger injectors, unless you remap the ecu to suit, it WILL flood.

However, the blues go well with the blower, EL cam and chip in the EB, also running a 10:1 fuel reg.
Old 05-06-2003, 06:34   #9 (permalink)
Insane By Nature

Lightbulb

LoL, sounds like some of the early problems I had with the carby in my VK before I learnt how to tune it properly; too much fuel is never a good thing! If you could dig up that site would love to take a look at it.

Now I know this is off the topic, but how you finding the 3.45 diff ration in your EB?
Old 05-06-2003, 18:56   #10 (permalink)
Hanging Around

Ok

Heres the link to the chart

http://www.geocities.com/ttskipp/injector.html

If anyone can be bothered, do they want to download the chart and post it to the FF.com in engine tech or somewhere that its accessable for others. - maybe ********.com

The eb is a lot better with the 3.45 lsd, see this thread Which 6cyl box handles more power?

9psi EB
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech