Holden problem - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2002, 01:44   #1 (permalink)
TOC TAS Secretary

Holden problem

ok ok i know i will get heaps of sh!t hung on me for posting this, or for that matter even trying to help a holden person. But my work mate has just bought a brand new vx s commodore. its a manual v6.

the problem is every time you change gears the revs go up hang there for a second then fall down. i thought it was his driving but 5 different ppl have driven the car and it did it to all of us. the car has scince been back to gmh 3 times to get them to fix it and they recon the is no problem with it. (surprise surprise). the thing that has got me stumped about it, is that free reving it it will not do it. but when under load. it will

any thoughts would be appreciated

thanks

Tim

"Pressing your F1 key will not put you on the RACE TRACK"
EDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2002, 02:01   #2 (permalink)

sticking throttle?
HSE2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 02:35   #3 (permalink)
GTHO4

I was thinking the same there could be something obstructing the throttle linkages, I'm not familiar with the Holden setup though.

Tell your mate to buy a Ford. :s5
Old 05-22-2002, 02:45   #4 (permalink)
TOC TAS Secretary

Quote:
Originally posted by GTHO4

Tell your mate to buy a Ford. :s5

i have. im trying to get a deal for him on anew xr6. the other company car he has is ready to be replaced, so this one goes to the assistant manager and he gets a new one.

he is thinking about a xr6 vct cauz melb wont allow v8 company cars.

"Pressing your F1 key will not put you on the RACE TRACK"
EDXR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 23:51   #5 (permalink)
Australian Falcon Member

A good angle to use when trying to push the idea of an XR6 as a company car is that they hold resale value much better than a std model.

On the subject of the Comodore's problem - have a good look at the engine mounts and all the vacuum plumbing on the engine - a broken or loose engine mount can result in the whole engine moving around and affecting the throttle cable and vacuum leaks can do all sorts of wierd things on EFI cars.
Old 05-23-2002, 06:38   #6 (permalink)
aurora

Yeah

Quote:
Originally posted by EDXR6

i have. im trying to get a deal for him on anew xr6. the other company car he has is ready to be replaced, so this one goes to the assistant manager and he gets a new one.

he is thinking about a xr6 vct cauz melb wont allow v8 company cars.
Very well said, i read a post on carpoint when the VX came out
The poor lady said that in one day the bumper fell off, the starter motor exploded and gearbox got stuck in third
AU's might not be great racecars but they are awesome on the road. Don't dream it LIVE IT
Old 05-23-2002, 08:10   #7 (permalink)

throttle probs.

Just some advice for you if the vehicle is still under warranty. Go back to the service department demand to speak to the service manager and ask them to send a holden guy out to the dealer to test the vehicle for you. They do have service guys out on the field that look at these type of problems. You will be present as well at the time. They do this for customers. I have requested this. BUT you will probably need to log a call first with the Holden Customer Assistance center. It's a 1800 no. It will get escelated and sorted for you hopefully. Drive it yourself with him present in the car. The no. should be in the books supplied to you in the vehicle. At least this way he sees it you see it as well as the service manager. Good luck with it.

Sorry about the typos. Couldnt be bothered running a spell checker.
jsantas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech