How to get more power from EB V8? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-15-2002, 06:37   #1 (permalink)
Damage Fixxer

How to get more power from EB V8?

I have an EB V8 Fairmont and I'd like to hear any suggestions on ways I could get some more power out of it. I have already fitted a cat back twin system with the resonators removed (which sounds absolutely horn by the way :) ) and noticed a small difference in power. I dont want to change the diff ratios because I like the revs it does at the moment. Would extractors help? Im pretty sure it already has extractors/ headers on it from factory.
I have roughly 2 grand saved and I am itching to spend it.

Cheers,
Jas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2002, 12:44   #2 (permalink)
bsdave

Extractors help. They make it sound even throatier too. :)

A cam+chip package would do nicely too but if you get a new cam you need to get new lifters and valve springs too. Has the car got an LSD? Maybe new shocks/springs?
Old 12-15-2002, 15:16   #3 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

It all depends on what you want to spend?

I don't know why you did the cats?? It's very illegal and doesn't do jack ****!

If you buy a good set of extractors they will come with high flow cats, the factory 4 into 1 are ok but work as well a tri-y's.. A cold air intake and a set of 1.7:1 roller rockers will help.
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2002, 15:23   #4 (permalink)
Damage Fixxer

No , what I meant was I got the twin system put on, where the old system used to go into one.The cats are still in perfect condition, just tyhe rear resonator mufflers are not even there, just straight 2 1/4 pipe.
As I said, theres 2 grand I have to waste.
Old 12-15-2002, 17:59   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I would work on the rest of the exhaust (extractors) and do some cold ait mods... then save bucks and stroke it !!

If all you want is a bit more power I would only stuff around with intake/exhaust ..however if you intend on making it go pretty hard later down the track make sure you buy stuff today with that in mind so you don't have to rebuy everything else to suit.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 00:36   #6 (permalink)
345kw of V8 Windsor Power

If you are only looking at spending $2k, get a set of pacemaker extractors ($500), K&N airfilter ($100), replace the belt driven fan with a set of electric fans ($200), and a set of Yella Terra 1.72 ratio roller rockers ($600). Then get a good dyno tune. Those mods are good for about 20-30rwkw. After that, you want to look at the heads, intake, throttle body, cam, MAF etc, but it gets expensive$$$$
EDXR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2002, 02:00   #7 (permalink)
Damage Fixxer

How would a cam go without changing the ecu?
Old 12-16-2002, 02:06   #8 (permalink)

The EEC will compensate for cam changes, although you should stick to the proven combos. The cam on the stock engines are quite good actually, many people in the states run into the 12 second 1/4 miles with the stock cam. The heads and intake are what is holding you back. You won't get much over 130rwkw with the stock heads and intake.
Old 12-16-2002, 05:12   #9 (permalink)
Damage Fixxer

The sprints were 200kW, how did they achieve this? I would like 200 flywheel kW and then I would be extremely satisfied.
Old 12-16-2002, 15:58   #10 (permalink)

Sprints had GT40 heads, Cobra Intake, 65mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, 24lb injectors and a different cam.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech