How to replace popup headlights in a 94 probe - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2003, 09:15   #1 (permalink)

How to replace popup headlights in a 94 probe

I know in earlier models there was a switch that allowed the headlights to be popped up wiht out turning them on.

I have to replace the headlights in my 94 probe and since there is no headlight pop-up switch, I am not sure on how to get them to pop up so that I can replace the lights.

Does anyone know?
martind1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2003, 11:40   #2 (permalink)

There's a turn knolb just behind your headlight , it might have a rubber cover on it. The knolb itself has a direction arrow on it. Turn the way the arrow is pointing and your light will go up and down. But frist make sure you take out the fuse that control the head light motors.

My next Ford.....
Stacy94PGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2003, 12:22   #3 (permalink)

when you say its just behind my head light does that mean under hood(or like in the light well)?

And do you happen to know which fuse is the headlight fuse(i dont have a user manual anymore and i am not sure if there is a diagram in the fuse box for me to follow).

thanks guy
Old 05-22-2003, 08:26   #4 (permalink)

Yes, under the hood, behind and to the back of the head light. The fuse is located in the fuse box under the hood. It should have a diagram/list on the inside of the cover. If it doesn't, there's 3 small fuses that sit in a row, I think a 10 amp, 20 and 30. Take the one out in the middle of the three. If my memory serves me right that's the headlight motor fuse.

My next Ford.....
Old 05-22-2003, 08:31   #5 (permalink)

OK I hope this works!! ill have to check it out after work!
Old 05-22-2003, 17:20   #6 (permalink)
SVT Lightning Member

On my '90 PGT, I turned on the headlights, unplugged the leads going to the affected headlight motor, then shut them off again.

"A man who is 'of sound mind' is one who keeps the inner madman under lock and key." (Paul Valery)
Jim03Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2003, 03:33   #7 (permalink)

when i take out the fuse (the one marked 'head', 20a right?) and then try to turn the knobs, they keep jumping back(counter Clockwise) on their own. Why is this happening? why aren't the knobs turning for me?

is the headlight motor fuse gonna be that one marked "HEAD" in the diagram? maybe thats why this isnt working for me. I know when the fuse is out, the lights won't turn on, so this would seem to me to be a good indicator that i have the right one.

Thanks!
Old 06-01-2003, 08:58   #8 (permalink)

Ummmmm, Your headlights should come on but the headlight motors shouldn't work. Disconnect the battery and see if you can turn them.

My next Ford.....
Old 06-01-2003, 14:55   #9 (permalink)

With that fuse out the headlights shoudl still come on? Though not pop up?

They don't pop up, i'm not sure if they come on or not though.

But this is normal behavior of the nob if there is still power to the motors?

Do i need to turn the light switch into the"on" position or anything in order to get the knob to stop this action?
Old 06-01-2003, 16:06   #10 (permalink)

Ok, lets start over. Turn on your headlights from the inside. Now your lights are on and the headlights are up. Now, take the fuse out, headlights should stay up and lights are still on. Turn your lights off from the inside, your headlights should continue to stay up and your headlights won't be on. Now you should be able to change out your headlights. I hope this helps and good luck.

My next Ford.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech