Ford Forums banner

How well does a EB MPFI wagon series 1 perform

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Brent79 
#1 ·
I just want to know how an EB series 1 wagon performs. The reason is that my Aunty is going to trade it in on a Toyota Hilux 4x4 but befors she does wants to know if I want to trade her my EA S pack sedan for her EB wagon. This way she will trade in my ea for the Hilux and it will give me a great car for the price of my EA.

This is what the EB Wagon has got.
- 3.9 MPFI
- 186,000Kms
- S Pack
- dark tinted windows
- 12 slot chrome mags
- 4 speed auto with power/econ mode
- Mertalic Burgundy
- Mint condiction
- icy cold aircon
- tow bar

Should I take it or leave it because it's a wagon?

#2 ·
Brent79 will know.....

Sundeep
geocities.com/eafords

G
#3 ·
Wagon...

Dude, to be honest.... im not happy with my EB1 wagon.
Here is why. First of all i think that the wagons are way to heavy and i find that coz of the leaf springs, the ride is much harsher than the sedan. Secondly i find the auto boxes to be extreamly inefficient on the wagons.
My wagon has a rooted S5 solenoid so the shifting slips
a fair bit between gear changes (sorta delays when shifting out of 1st and into 2nd - same for 3rd). Some good points are that they are extremly handy to have.
I love using my wagon at the drive-ins and for hauling large items. Maybe i just got a lemon but my main complaints are the extra weight and the ride quality, other than that they are Ok.

Brent

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.