Ford Forums banner

i think my EA is sik :( ??

967 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  harley105 
#1 ·
ok 4 problems :(

1) There is a big fat clunking sound, i think it's from the diff.. ? when i'm in 1st especially! sounds horrible, even though a few weeks ago the mechanic said the diff was fine.. maybe i stuffed the... gearbox ? Does anybody have any ideas?

2) After i've been running the car a little hard, as I turn it off the engine coughs and splutters for about 2-4 seconds jolting the car!! hmmm?

3) The car spluters and jolts in the morning when i first drive it, for about the first 2 km's.. not such a worry, maybe its a... spark plug?

4) When it rains and i turn on my air con, smoke comes out of the vents and smells like burning bush!

ok ok i'm only learning, so any ideas about whats wrong w/ my baby would be fuly helpful!

#2 ·
don't know all the answers, but the air con, would be leaves caught up where the fan is, they get shit like that coming in through from under that black plasticc thing infront of the windscreen. Clean out the leaves by hand, u dont need to takt out the dash, or glvebox. As for the spluttering, this is pre igniting i think, what type of fuel r u running?
hope this is some help.

Good luk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.