Inlet Duct , Vacum hose layout - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

General Tech Have a question that is not covered by one of the other categories? This is the forum for all other items not specifically covered in other categories.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2002, 21:36   #1 (permalink)
Golgotha13

Inlet Duct , Vacum hose layout

Anyone know where the inlet duct is ? if i read the Gregorys correct it should be on the out side of the fire wall but i can't find it , it also has a green hose going into it and a Turquoise going into the heater control yet there isn't any Tu color house .I have put the green hose into the heat sender and it seems to work fine but the inlet duct where ever it is doen't seem to be working , any ideas ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2002, 14:54   #2 (permalink)
KLOMP

What are you trying to achieve?...I have the ford manuals here and can look it up ..perhaps the ford boffins were more clear...I have never seen a torquoise hose.
Old 05-14-2002, 17:42   #3 (permalink)
Golgotha13

Hoses

Hi , I'm trying to basically work out which hoses belong where and have everything that is suppose to work , work .My vent at this stage doesn't seem to work and Gregorys has and extra hose ,Tu , then what i actually have .So it has me a bit pussled . Thanks , Will
Old 05-14-2002, 19:03   #4 (permalink)
KLOMP

Re: Hoses

according to the very involved genuine manual....the tu feed tube goes to water valve...vacuum supply is black...tu..goes from eng compartment at water valve on heater hose to large connector (10) lines.
heater assy has blu and r
lh footwell has g and w
rh footwell has p
vacuum res tank has bla
vacuum fitting in eng comp bla
plenum camber has ta and y
any questions...please leave message
Old 05-15-2002, 07:59   #5 (permalink)

Inlet Duct

I am trying to rebuild my heater system at the moment, since someone(the previous owner?) butchered the system. As far as I can tell, the inlet duct is under the dash behind the glove box, and mounts on the front of the fan housing. And the green hose goes to a control unit at the top of the inlest duct that opens or closes the flapper for outside air or to recirculate cabin air. My inlet duct is not working, but I cannot figure out why as of yet. The vacuum lines in the engine compartment look like they were worked on by a shade tree hack. Unbelieveable mess.

Lynn
89EAwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2002, 17:39   #6 (permalink)

Re: Inlet Duct

I have recently removed the dash in my ghia and fixed everything so that the climate control works perfect now.

The inlet duct you can find by removing the glove box and the surround. The Turquoise (light green) vacuum tube is connected to the water tap and the (dark) green tube to the inlet servo which is on the side of the inlet duct. If the inlet flap is not working, it could be that the vacuum hose is loose or the servo is faulty. It could also be a faulty solenoid block ( ghia only). In my case it was a broken inlet flap. The flap has a small arm which is connected to the servo. This was broken. In got a replacement out of an Ed which had a lot thicker arm (improvement).

Also someone wanted to know about the spare black tube in the engine compartment? This is not connected anywhere in the fairmont ghias.
Old 05-16-2002, 06:10   #7 (permalink)

Inlet Duct

The inlet duct has a vacuum servo on the top to control the source of the air. And the linkage often breaks. So before you tear your hair out, stick you hand up the footwell duct and you can feel the flapper. If it moves freely, your linkage is broken, so you will need to buy a new duct unit. I paid $5 for one at the wreckers.

Lynn
89EAwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 05:49   #8 (permalink)
Golgotha13

I think it is fixed at last

Thanks everyone for your help , at last i think i have worked it all out and fixed it up , it all seems to be working at last . The only prob left know is to some how fix the over reving when i leave the ISC in place . Any ideas ? The ISC is brand new , the Temp and Power steer sensors are all brand new yet makes no differnce .
Old 05-18-2002, 14:17   #9 (permalink)
sgreatwood

ISC

does it over rev all the time when idling? or just sometimes? if its all the time, just bend the mounting bracket down slightly. when the engine is off, the ISC spindle should not be touching the throttle control arm.

Simon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > General Tech