Ford Forums banner

Install Splits into BA falcon

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Falchoon 
#1 ·
Hey,

I pick up my BA XR6 next week, and will be installing 6" splits. I have no problems installing the speaker into the door, however i have decided to install the tweeter into the factory mounted position in the A-Pillar. Does anyone know how much space is actually available for the tweeter behind the A pillar. And how much are the A-Pillar trims with the tweeter speaker grille.

Thanks in advance for any info you can supply.

#2 ·
why are you installing splits for?

i dont reckon its worth getting splits for a stock system, as stock system dont have the power to drive most splits to their full potential.

i would amp the splits. The clarity you get from amps is a lot better than deck power.

#3 ·
I will be running an amp. My question does not relate to power outputs and amps, just on installing the splits. The rest I got covered. I've just replaced my AU so I am aware of all other aspects of the install, however on the AU i had the splits installed on pods in the corner of the door where the black trim plate is on the inside opposite the mirror. I would prefer to hide the splits on the BA in the factory location.

#5 ·
thanks for the advice, yeah i will look at buying the pillar facia. At the moment i have a set of Sony Xplod splits. I pulled them out of my AUII, not sure if i will buy new ones or just use the same one's. I like the sound from the sony's they are very clear.

#6 ·
Keep us posted on your stereo mods/additions. I am interested in adding amps and maybe changing the speakers on my BA but wan't someone else to do it first - not paying local car stereo shop $70 p/h to f*ck it up, I can do that myself for $0!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.